M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello gang,

It sounds bizarre, but i've a couple of questions regarding suzuki chrome driveshaft cover 990a0-75053.

I tried to install it but i wasn't sure if it was correctly install. I saw that the clamp frame welded inside the cover is interferring with the driveshaft and it make space in front of the cover. ( like if it do not properly sit on the shaft). It scrached a bit but i used Tremclad to correct this problem...

I also see the hose clamp and i don't find that very beautifull...

On the cover it is written 2006 driveshaft cover. My baby is a 2010. Does it fit?? I think there is no changes since the beginning of the production??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Some of these covers are not made 100% to fit, you might just have to wiggle it a bit till it fits, throw the ugly hose clamp away and use a nice thick and strong cable tie, thread it through the welded clamp on inside of cover before fitting, then pull tie tight once it is in position and snip off. Looks much neater and you dont see anything.

Regards
Mike

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Black tie wrap.....hummm i like this idea !!!! I'll try it tomorrow.

Is it normal to have space between the cover and the driveshaft in front ?? It is caused by the welded clamp on inside the cover. I'm not sure it fits as supposed.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
ya, i'm still not happy with the gap, and i do have the ties on. The driveshaft is sort of square at the left, and the cover is round. It looks ok now, but i am going to try and do some more "adjustment"(read, pounding it flatter with my fist) to get it to fit better.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
ya, i'm still not happy with the gap, and i do have the ties on. The driveshaft is sort of square at the left, and the cover is round. It looks ok now, but i am going to try and do some more "adjustment"(read, pounding it flatter with my fist) to get it to fit better.
In the IT industry we refer to this as "Percussive Maintenance"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts