M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got the Grasshopper drivers back rest. I got it 2 weeks ago, but between my bike being in the shop and the weather I haven't had the chance to test it out. The installation was very simple and I did take it around the block. It seems like it is going to be good. Will let you know how it works out when I get to take it on a trip. I dealt with Allison at Grasshopper and she was great. I was very happy with the service. I got it within a few days. Would recommend them to everyone.
Jerry

·
Registered
853 Posts
I just rode about 900 miles with the backrest, I am 6'3 and i am going to have to trade the backrest for the one that sits 2" forward. I could lean against it when i needed to but only could have one hand on the bars. Going to move it forward 2" and get some 2" risers.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I just rode about 900 miles with the backrest, I am 6'3 and i am going to have to trade the backrest for the one that sits 2" forward. I could lean against it when i needed to but only could have one hand on the bars. Going to move it forward 2" and get some 2" risers.
Im 6'4 the back up will adjust forward at least 3" look into it I'm real happy with mine

·
Registered
735 Posts
JonM109r just call Lonnie back up and he will send you a new bracket. I got the 2in foward and it was still to short. Lonnie sent me the bracket they use for the full cut gel seat because it goes foward more than the foward one. It is alot better but I think I need to ad 1 or 2inch risers.

·
Registered
643 Posts
JonM109r just call Lonnie back up and he will send you a new bracket. I got the 2in foward and it was still to short. Lonnie sent me the bracket they use for the full cut gel seat because it goes foward more than the foward one. It is alot better but I think I need to ad 1 or 2inch risers.
Thats the one I have:agree:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I ordered from DLP the Custom World International Backrest. Very high quality , very easy to install and very adjustable. I just received the Revco 2" extended risers and hope to have them installed this weekend.
I had the same problem as you on the longer trips and this seat made all the difference in the world. I'm sure the extended risers will be the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
:congrats: jerry glad you are happy with your new backrest

·
Registered
236 Posts
:congrats: Jerry

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far it seems to be good. I haven't riden very far with it yet. That will be the real test. I just had to try it. The quality and ease of installation is great, and for $95.00 with a pocket on the back with shipping and the great service from Grasshopper, I couldn't go wrong.
Jerry

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lost the backrest.

I was riding and somehow the backrest slid out of the holder and was gone when I went to lean back on it. I'm bummed out. It did seem to fit loose in the bracket when I got it so maybe that had something to do with it. I will contact Lonnie and Alison to see what they think.
Jerry

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
man that suck sorry to hear jerry hopefully you can get an answer as to what happened.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I emailed Lonnie at Grasshopper Backrests and explained what happened. I heard back from him in about 15 mins. He said a replacement is on it's way. Now that's what I call AAA customer service. I would totally recommend doing business with him to everyone.
Jerry

·
Registered
426 Posts
WOW that is what I call customer service,that is the way you grow a buisness.Glad your happy with the backrest.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
:clap2: that the way to treat your customer but still curious how did it fall out :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
It's great to hear there is still a few people left with Honor Jerry:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:clap2: that the way to treat your customer but still curious how did it fall out :dontknow:
The unit has two parts. The bracket that screws in under the seat that has a sleeve for the the rest of backrest slides into. The backrest part felt a little loose when I put it in. I was going out for a little ride and was leaning forward off the backrest. I can only think a bump was hard enough to bounce it out. I have since found out there is a U shaped punch area that can be bent to tighten things up. I didn't really notice it before. I really appreciated Lonnie's quick response and his solution. I can't wait to get the replacement. I am very happy with the the way it feels.
Jerry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts