M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In about a week I'll have my new parts in to replace the #2 drive plate and the wave washer.

This is more for those here that have done it themselves.....are there any special tools that I might need to aquire before I get started to change these pieces out?

Also, didn't see any good how-to's on this particular job, so I'll have my camera going. If the pics come out good, I'll post a how-to.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I don't recall any special tools you will need to get to that part.
I can tell you all the bolts that hold on the clutch casing need to go back in the same spot. So make sure you label each one. I used a piece of cardboard. I numbered each bolt, and punched them through the cardboard.
Look up your torque settings ahead of time, it's something you won't want to do once you've dug into it.
I've had mine apart several times now, just using the tools in my garage.
There are some how to's on this already someplace, I remember seeing photo's.
Mostly you just put it back the way it came off, it's not that difficult.
Re-adusting the clutch is fun... (Follow the instructions in the manual carefully. It will avoid you having to do this twice).
I would take some time to read the threads going around about how to line up the plates. I would also see how they are aligned before taking them off. I'm talking about the grooves in the plates.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I saw an old post with pics in 07-08. I saved it for a long time. Im not good at digging throught the "weeds" but I`m sure someone can find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts