M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drilled out the exhaust this weekend and put some powerful little magnets on the inside of the hole saw up close to the teeth, about an 1/8" back. I was able to get all 6 pieces and allot of metal filings. Drilled only one section at a time and took the peice out of the hole saw and moved onto the next. Did 4 then cleaned the magnets and did the last 2. I bought two 12" Ridged extentions from Home Depot they worked well. Be sure and check to make sure the set screws on the extesions are tight each time you start to drill a new section. I had one of the sections come lose when I pulled it out but it fell on the floor and luckally didn't end up in the pipe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The wife had them on the frig. I think you can find them at Office Depot or The Container Store. Make sure the say super magnet. They are Strong little suckers.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I posted this someplace else once before --

but a good magnet (preferably one of those on a telescoping wand like an old-style car arial) is a KEY part of the equipmet for this mod. I used it to get the plugs out, and also retreived my hole saw a couple of times when the set screws got loose in spite of my best efforts. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts