M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have read of a bunch of guys drilling the pipes on these nines with a 1/2 inch drill bit. But what I have not heard is: has anybody that has done this put the fuel system on a readout to find out if this is leaning out the engine too far? Before I did this I would like to know what this does in respect to how the engine handles it or does it not effect the engine at all. Obviously the spent fuel has to go through the baffles in the pipes but I still would want to know more by hooking the motor into a readout. Does anyone know the answer to this question?:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

G

·
I Have read of a bunch of guys drilling the pipes on these nines with a 1/2 inch drill bit. But what I have not heard is: has anybody that has done this put the fuel system on a readout to find out if this is leaning out the engine too far? Before I did this I would like to know what this does in respect to how the engine handles it or does it not effect the engine at all. Obviously the spent fuel has to go through the baffles in the pipes but I still would want to know more by hooking the motor into a readout. Does anyone know the answer to this question?:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
I can't give you tehnnical readouts, but there are many guys on this site who've done this mod and run the their bikes for thousands of miles afterwards with no ill effects. Some, like me, have just drilled the backplates. Others do the baffles themselves, or both. If it were causing the bikes to run lean, and the problems typically associated with running the bike like that, we'd all be reading a lot of posts about guys kicking themselves in the a$$ over lost power, then buying aftermarket pipes and fuel management systems. So far, that has yet to happen.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I did mine. And I had no problem at all with it.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I can't give you tehnnical readouts, but there are many guys on this site who've done this mod and run the their bikes for thousands of miles afterwards with no ill effects. Some, like me, have just drilled the backplates. Others do the baffles themselves, or both. If it were causing the bikes to run lean, and the problems typically associated with running the bike like that, we'd all be reading a lot of posts about guys kicking themselves in the a$$ over lost power, then buying aftermarket pipes and fuel management systems. So far, that has yet to happen.
:agree: set valve and cat. is still in there. good to go.

·
Registered
595 Posts
The SET valve and Catalytic Converter are still the bottlenecks in the system regardless of anything you do to your stock exhaust. This mod affects SOUND only....it has NO effect on exhaust gas flow-rate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts