M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Va. and am curious if anyone drilled out the back of their pipes? Is it legal? Do the :cop: really care? In California there were noise ordinances that prevented me from doing so. Any advice would be helpful. To cheap to by new pipes! also looking for anyone in the Woodbridge, Va. area who would be interested in rides.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
inspection stations down here dont have noise level requirements , pretty sure they dont up there either !!

just do it !!! There a few guys up your way that have much louder bikes
!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I am new to Va. and am curious if anyone drilled out the back of their pipes? Is it legal? Do the :cop: really care? In California there were noise ordinances that prevented me from doing so. Any advice would be helpful. To cheap to by new pipes! also looking for anyone in the Woodbridge, Va. area who would be interested in rides.
In your conservative county (Prince William), no one cares. :bigthumbsup:

If you've gutted the pipes, you may have problems in Old Town Alexandria. They sometimes run decibel meters on Wednesday nights (bike night). Also, neighboring Fairfax County can be a pain in the @ss if you purposely draw attention to yourself. Other than that, you should be fine.

·
Registered
550 Posts
In your conservative county (Prince William), no one cares. :bigthumbsup:

If you've gutted the pipes, you may have problems in Old Town Alexandria. They sometimes run decibel meters on Wednesday nights (bike night). Also, neighboring Fairfax County can be a pain in the @ss if you purposely draw attention to yourself. Other than that, you should be fine.
Now how would that happen to any of us in here on these nondescript ordinary looking bikes??? lol!!:a18:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts