M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Dragon today to ride with Andre and some of his friends, but he was nowhere to be found. Left at 7 AM and got home at 9:40 PM. Had a great day anyway. Rode 443 miles from start to finish. Ran into Peter(Mountain Man)one of the Ga guys and Tbar from Kentucky. Rode the dragon, Cherahalla, foothills, and the Hellbender. My arse is tired! Would have been fun with someone else along, but the Ga board has on vacation or something lately. I hope Dre made it home safely!

·
Registered
735 Posts
i saw you but couldnt flag you down or catch you,LOL. been home about 45 minutes. I bragged on you all night friday night.

I've learned that this meeting at the dragon thing does not work unless you ride there together. I met Tbar, didnt see Mountainman.

What astory, i should tell you on tuesday way too much to write here, plus im sore and sleepy.
a few drinks with an old friend= $40
A few cigars to go with the drinks=$20
Riding all over TN, NC & GA with a dozen bikers= priceless

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Would have been fun with someone else along, but the Ga board has on vacation or something lately. I hope Dre made it home safely!
What are you talking about, Wolf :dontknow:.....we did 800+ miles a couple weekends ago, and you didn't post any interest on ANY of the threads OR even comment on our pics.

Seems to me that you want to ride with the riders on the west side of Atlanta and that's just fine....you are much closer to them. I don't think you have ridden with me or Chad in over a year(Macon ride non-withstanding). But for you to say "the Ga board has been on vacation lately" is hardly accurate my friend. Don't wait for someone to post something....if you want to ride, post something up and if others can make it so be it.

I miss riding/seeing you, my friend :doorag:. When would you like to hook up and ride? I'm ready....great weather for this whole month :bigthumbsup:....can you do a Wed. or Thurs. ride?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Alex and Steve went to Helen over the weekend but I was down for the count, so I couldn't go.

When we all getting together again???? The beast needs to see some other 9's and some open road.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I am finally off this weekend , My sidework (Tile and HVAC) has really gotten busy lately ... This will be the first weekend since august that I havent been working . SO I will be going riding somewhere . Probably up towards helen for some lunch and some much needed scenery !

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am finally off this weekend , My sidework (Tile and HVAC) has really gotten busy lately ... This will be the first weekend since august that I havent been working . SO I will be going riding somewhere . Probably up towards helen for some lunch and some much needed scenery !
Why go to Helen? NC28 to the dragon and the Foothills pkwy to Gatlinburg and 441 thru the Great Smoky Mountains and back sounds good. now thats a ride with scenery. You ready?

·
Registered
191 Posts
A number of us did the Dragon in Sep. A one-day ride someplace would be nice... especially if there was some good food someplace in the middle :)

Chad, Bobby, Nathan, Don????

Alex - wanna go to Helen again?

Bobby. Any word on the new attire?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Why go to Helen? NC28 to the dragon and the Foothills pkwy to Gatlinburg and 441 thru the Great Smoky Mountains and back sounds good. now thats a ride with scenery. You ready?
Man... I wish I could. My business partner is away so I have to work all weekend. Starting the 23rd of this month my weekends start opening up so I hope to do a lot more Saturday rides.

Don :doorag:

·
Registered
245 Posts
:drool::drool::drool:lets ride ,lets ride:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: silver beast ready to go I been test driving it since I put back together and she,s mean ready to rumble with other 9's hahahhaha ,Lets ride:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
so, we going to Helen or someplace else? I need to adjust my clutch before we launch. Chad had it setup perfectly and then the bike tech who installed my new tire decided to "adjust" it again.... not cool. great job on the tire guys but leave your meat paws off my clutch :-[

btw - looks like Freedom Power Sports has bike night tomorrow if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Wish I could go but I have to work. I will be riding on the 16th and 23rd as long as it's not raining.

Those are good roads....no doubt. However, I would stay clear of 441 around Gatlinburg this time of year. With all the "leaf traffic", I bet you guys won't be able to go 20 mph and will probably have to stop lots of times, too.

Ride safely:bigthumbsup::doorag:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Dre things are just always "interesting" for you aren't they? :eek:.......:joke:
GR
I guess you could say that, if you wanted to! I know that I ride considerably more than the average rider, thus I expect more issues than the average rider and I try try to be prepared for most situations. The runaway wheel after mothers day is one I wish could have avoided but, hey it happens. The broken cable after leaving later than you guys 3 weekends ago.... perhaps unavoidable :dontknow::dontknow:
But what I was referring to with Lonewolf is the logistic problem of 2 parties trying to meet on the dragon with no real itinerary or timescale to go by, and no way to communicate after either of you has begun that journey into the national forest. It is then simply a game of phone tag. So even though when I was on the side of the road, (one of my party had choke trouble) waving at Lonewolf when I saw him , he was preoccupied with the Tail of the Dragon and all its glory and was setting up for his next turn,,,,a right downhill sweeper into a left hairpin I believe.

SO yeah I didn't get to hang with one of my best buds, with all his trash talkin splendor. but I had a good time none the less.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts