M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm doing my first service on a '14 109 and after removing the drain plugs I noticed there are t any gaskets as mentioned in the user manual. I dug around in the oil pan to see if they dropped in and couldn't find anything. I don't remember seeing any when I took the plugs out. Are these still required?

thanks
ryan

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,659 Posts
Hey guys, I'm doing my first service on a '14 109 and after removing the drain plugs I noticed there are t any gaskets as mentioned in the user manual. I dug around in the oil pan to see if they dropped in and couldn't find anything. I don't remember seeing any when I took the plugs out. Are these still required?

thanks
ryan
Usually they stay on your drain plug screws .. Did you check those?..

·
Registered
907 Posts
Should have copper crush washers

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,659 Posts
I looked lol. Appeared there was thin alum washer or something. I'll go take them out and snap a picture.
That's it! It is recommended to replace those every time,.. But I have used the old ones once with no leaks.. Next time be prepared, and buy some in advance..:)..

·
Registered
729 Posts
Get them from your local auto parts store. Suzuki's price is ridiculous. Baxter's had packages of 3 for a buck or 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts