M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done installing my new Cobra Dragsters. They are pipes and in no way should be mistaken for mufflers as they has no muffling quality that is apparent to me. What I am trying to say is that these things are [email protected]#KING LOUD!!!! I will post pics later. Took about 1.5 hours.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know I just went for a little ride, they might be too loud and removing the baffles will only make them louder, I guess. I hope I don't get hassled by the police.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Looking good.
I've found that you can get away with a lot if you cool the throttle hand around those easily offended.
Actually, most police seem to cut me more slack on my bike than when I'm in my Hemi.
Jerbear

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerbear, Dude you got a Hemi? :D I will have to wait and see. You really gotta hear these f-ing things, loudest bike I have ever had. I am going on a longish ride tomorrow and I will decide how well I like them after spending a few hours in the saddle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
One thing i did with my V&H pipes to take the edge off is I took a piece of 12 ga stainless flat stock the same width and length as the baffle ID and put a spiral in it and tacked it in. What this does is bounce the sound waves into the baffle with little airflow retriction. I noticed about a 5 dB reduction off the top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts