M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucky (Chad) and I are staying at the Fontana Village Friday 9/17. We will be getting up there early Friday afternoon, riding like crazy, crashing Friday night, and riding Saturday as well. Here is a link to the Fontana Village:
http://www.fontanavillage.com/home

As I type this, there are 6 lodge rooms left with 2 queens. They are $119 a night/2 = about $60 per person. They also have some cabin rooms available as well but I didn't get the details on them.

As you all know, that area is surrounded by phenomenal riding: Dragon, Cherohala, Moonshiner 28, etc. The weather should be cooling off some, too. :bigthumbsup:

I hope to see some other 109's there....let's rip up the Dragon! :doorag:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'm in.
Got to be at my son's varsity football game Friday night but will leave immediately from the stadium and call it a night in Cherokee. I'll be dragging my ass up early to get to the Dragon (about 50 min. ride). I'll keep checking on times as it gets closer.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I wish I could be with you guys. I guess my next trip up that way will be in the spring. I would like to vouch for the Two Wheel Inn. We stayed there last year (weekend after labor day), and really enjoyed it. Have fun and ride safe.
Lucky06, have you got your magic riding shoes yet? Krusher picked them up a couple of weeks ago from my place to send them to you. I nearly tried them on to see if it would help my riding skills:D.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I wish I could be with you guys. I guess my next trip up that way will be in the spring. I would like to vouch for the Two Wheel Inn. We stayed there last year (weekend after labor day), and really enjoyed it. Have fun and ride safe.
Lucky06, have you got your magic riding shoes yet? Krusher picked them up a couple of weeks ago from my place to send them to you. I nearly tried them on to see if it would help my riding skills:D.
I did receive them but someone wore out the back edges. Sure that wasn't you or was that Krusher! :D

Wish you could make it over. We are planning to do a 400 mile trip on the way up which will incorporate NW GA, E TN and W NC ending at the Dragon and Fontana Village. Saturday is up in the air right now pending who may want to show up and join us but we may do a different loop home which will be W NC, Part of W SC and NE GA that will be around 330 miles. It's going to be a blast!!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I did receive them but someone wore out the back edges. Sure that wasn't you or was that Krusher! :D

Wish you could make it over. We are planning to do a 400 mile trip on the way up which will incorporate NW GA, E TN and W NC ending at the Dragon and Fontana Village. Saturday is up in the air right now pending who may want to show up and join us but we may do a different loop home which will be W NC, Part of W SC and NE GA that will be around 330 miles. It's going to be a blast!!
I must confess it was Blacklighting.............sorry Keith..................LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I must confess it was Blacklighting.............sorry Keith..................LOL!!!!!
Yea, you guys know how I roll:doorag:.
Believe me, my shoes never touch the ground until I am at a full stop. It scare the crap out of me when my pegs scrape. I would hate to think about my heel scraping. Then again, the floor boards help to prevent that:D. Have fun guys.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One last BUMP in case anyone missed it :bigthumbsup:

We have about 10 bikes right now that will be making this journey.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just to let u know guys ad one more to the ride ,his name is Steve (VTX 1800cc) his a good bubbie of ours. I just double checked and the cabin I got is a 2 Br Cabin w/ 2 boubles & 1 Queen All beds are taken but if anyone needs a place to crash we will find a place for them.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am REALLY excited about this ride BUT Friday is a long day. I guess most of us are going to be logging 520+ miles that day.

If we average 60 miles an hour and went NON STOP for 10 hours we would go 600 miles; our ride isn't that much shorter than that. I only say this to drive home the fact that we all need to be on time and ready to go shortly after 8am Friday. Our stops should be for gas, lunch, and cool pictures....let's keep the stops as short as possible.

I really don't want to come across the Dragon in the dark! :eek:

I wonder if the guys from Killboy will be there at 9pm? Should be some cool pics of us sparking it up! :joke:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I am REALLY excited about this ride BUT Friday is a long day. I guess most of us are going to be logging 520+ miles that day.

If we average 60 miles an hour and went NON STOP for 10 hours we would go 600 miles; our ride isn't that much shorter than that. I only say this to drive home the fact that we all need to be on time and ready to go shortly after 8am Friday. Our stops should be for gas, lunch, and cool pictures....let's keep the stops as short as possible.

I really don't want to come across the Dragon in the dark! :eek:

I wonder if the guys from Killboy will be there at 9pm? Should be some cool pics of us sparking it up! :joke:
we went across the dragon last friday night about 10pm. no killboy and only a few sparks. there was no use throwing sparks if nobody is taking pictures.:dontknow: The dragon isn't SO bad after dark. the cherahola is a completely different story. I never want to ride the skyway in the dark again. Take my word for it!:-\

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.