M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chad and I are planning on going up to the Dragon the morning of Friday 9/17, spending the night at Fontanna, and coming back some time after lunch on the 18th.

Right now there are some NC and VA guys that are interested, too. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
:2cool:Ill start kissing up to the wife starting today and write it down on my calendar I think ill be able to make:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Dragon

:doorag:My son and Iwill be there 16-17-18 Sept Will be staying at the San Rand in Robbinsville Ill be on blue and white le with matching rims Hope to see you around :bigthumbsup: he will be riding the Slow V-Rod :hot:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:doorag:My son and Iwill be there 16-17-18 Sept Will be staying at the San Rand in Robbinsville Ill be on blue and white le with matching rims Hope to see you around :bigthumbsup: he will be riding the Slow V-Rod :hot:
We'll have to make sure and hook up for some riding! :bigthumbsup:

As the date gets closer, maybe we'll set up a tenative meeting time/place and we can all ride together like one big happy family with an ugly step-brother (V-rod)...:joke::doorag:.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Its a 7 hour trip down there for us central Va guys,

Its such a long way to go for one aternoon of riding ???

We may just wait till the Pre-meet next year ,,

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I might be able to swing this. I'll let you know for sure as soon as I can.

Where are you staying exactly? (link) Large cabin or just everybody do their own thing and get their own room somewhere?

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might be able to swing this. I'll let you know for sure as soon as I can.

Where are you staying exactly? (link) Large cabin or just everybody do their own thing and get their own room somewhere?
Cool.....as far as lodging goes, I was kinda in favor of everyone doing their own thing BUT I'm not opposed to getting a cabin or something. I was planning on trying to stay at the Fontanna Village....lodge room.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Its a 7 hour trip down there for us central Va guys,

Its such a long way to go for one aternoon of riding ???

We may just wait till the Pre-meet next year ,,
Who the hell says you gotta come for just an afternoon. Make it a three day deal. My Vmax bunch are having a rally this week. Thurs, Fri, Sat. and going home Sunday. Anybody that wants to come and throw those Uptodate Race technology M109's up against some WWII technology relics, We would love to see you. We'll be staying at the Iron Horse, but will be doing more riding than staying! :doorag: Bobby, sorry for the thread jack, just wanted to slip this in.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who the hell says you gotta come for just an afternoon. Make it a three day deal. :doorag:
:agree: with Wolf. Just come on down and stay an extra day on either side. Some of us are lucky to be close enough to those roads that it isn't that big of a deal to just do an over-nighter.

I hope you can make it, bro....you'll be missed if you don't come. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I can't make it on friday because of work but I might come up and try to find you all on saturday tho :D

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Who the hell says you gotta come for just an afternoon. Make it a three day deal. My Vmax bunch are having a rally this week. Thurs, Fri, Sat. and going home Sunday. Anybody that wants to come and throw those Uptodate Race technology M109's up against some WWII technology relics, We would love to see you. We'll be staying at the Iron Horse, but will be doing more riding than staying! :doorag: Bobby, sorry for the thread jack, just wanted to slip this in.
I Appreiat it John ,We where Really looking foward to another Trip like we had With Bobby Chad and the North Carolina crew and when so many dropped out,frustration set in so we Switched back to our Orginal Plan for Ocean City that Weekend ,( Heck I even toyed with the idea of doing the International meet ),
This year has been a GOOD one, i got to do the Dragon Twice already ,I guess that is enough :-\
You all try to have fun and Get home safely ,I will Miss not being there with yall so Take lots of Pictures , I Know i Will :D

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just booked a lodge room for me and Chad at the Fontana Village for Friday 9/17. There are only 6 lodge rooms left (2 queens). There are some cabins still available as well.

The lodge room is $119 a night/2 is about $60.

http://www.fontanavillage.com/

·
Registered
209 Posts
:bigthumbsup: I might actually be able to make it for Friday and Saturday... Will know more in the next day or two. :doorag:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Update

Just a FYI

Bobby and I are planning to log some miles on this trip so I have been working on a couple routes. We may do one of the routes up and the other one back home but the return route is still up in the air pending who all decides to join us and how the day on Saturday plays out. So as of right now we will more than likely be taking one of the two routes mentioned below up there on Friday the 17th.

One route incorporates N.West GA, E. TN and back over across the Dragon into Fontana Village. Aprox. 400 miles.

The other route incorporates some familiar roads of North East Ga, Part of Western SC, Pisgah National Forest up the Eastern side of the Great Smokey National Forest around the top of the forest, back down through Pigeon Forge across the Dragon and over into Fontana Village. Aprox. 330 miles.

Route "A" (2 page map, click on page 2 for the last part)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...13588941562.00048ee3bf21732f48b51&num=200&z=8

Route "B" (2 page map, click on page 2 for the last part)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...562.00048ee518dede7a93971&start=0&num=200&z=8

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
chad, that first route rocks!:bigthumbsup: you guys are going to make a big circle right around my house. you guys will love hwy 30. we ride it quite a bit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I kinda like route B. I'm a twisty, back roads kinda rider. If the decision is to go with route A where's the overnight location going to be?

Do ya'll have any suggestions on lodging for route B? I tried the place where Chad and Bobby have reservations but they're sold out. What would be the closest town that ya'll are familiar with and I'll check on lodging there.

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I kinda like route B. I'm a twisty, back roads kinda rider. If the decision is to go with route A where's the overnight location going to be?

Do ya'll have any suggestions on lodging for route B? I tried the place where Chad and Bobby have reservations but they're sold out. What would be the closest town that ya'll are familiar with and I'll check on lodging there.

Thanks,
Shawn
Both routes will be great and I honestly hope we can do one on the way up and the other on the way back so we can experience both. Either route we go our plans are to stay at the Fontana Village Friday night, that is where Bobby booked the room!! There is a couple places to stay right at the Dragon and another place between the Dragon and Fontana Village. I believe it is called Kickstand Lodge or something, Lonewolf would be able to tell you better than I. Double check with Bobby, they may have held a couple rooms just in case others decided to book but I'm not sure what name you would have to provide.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts