M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so, to start out, I know the M109 isnt a drag bike, but I like going fast and I love drag racing. So all in all, here are my stats... I'll post my time slips soon...

Best time was a 12.97… :doorag:

Best 60 ft time was 1.90 seconds.

Fastest trap speed was 103MPH…

Best reaction time was .07 second

I was hoping to hit low 12's, so when my very first run was 13.6, I about had a sh*t fit…:verymad: My reaction times all night were horrid at best. I need all around practice, that's what it came down to at the end of the day. And I was kinda scared to dump it higher than 3200 rpm at launch. The one time I dropped it at about 3200-3300rpm and that was when I got my 1.90 sec 60 ft time and I ran a 13.04 quarter. I really shouldn't complain, I mean, the bike weighs in at 950 lbs with me on it… I think it needs more air and fuel though… I'd really like to get into the 11's by next year. :p

Though, on the plus side there were only 2 other bikes there that I was slower than. I beat a Harley, a 4 wheeler, and a couple old bikes. ;)

So, basically, are there any suggestions for improving times? Increasing HP/Torque?

My setup now is a custom Scorpion Exhaust system and an Fi2000R.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
People race Bar Stools and lawn mowers. Its not about if it is a drag bike, "it's not" it is about if it puts a smile on your face at the end of the day. Oh and if you can afford the broken parts.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
So, basically, are there any suggestions for improving times? Increasing HP/Torque?

My setup now is a custom Scorpion Exhaust system and an Fi2000R.

Thanks everyone!
For the most HP/Torque, you should get a Power Commander with a custom/dyno map and a good 2 into 1 pipe like the McCoy pipe or Taz pipe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the most HP/Torque, you should get a Power Commander with a custom/dyno map and a good 2 into 1 pipe like the McCoy pipes and Taz pipe.
Thing is that I really dont want to get a new pipe or a power commander. I already bought and installed the Fi2000R and the Scorpion Exhaust was custom installed at half the price of a new set of pipes. The airflow is just as good on those as with another set of pipes too...

I am thinking of the Monster Intake from DLP (https://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=9061&str=290)

With that and adjusting the Fi2000R I think I can get some better performance... and if all else fails, then I'll just find someone to bore out the motor and install new pistons :p

·
Registered
547 Posts
With that and adjusting the Fi2000R I think I can get some better performance... and if all else fails, then I'll just find someone to bore out the motor and install new pistons :p
Easier said than done. ;)

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Thing is that I really dont want to get a new pipe or a power commander. I already bought and installed the Fi2000R and the Scorpion Exhaust was custom installed at half the price of a new set of pipes. The airflow is just as good on those as with another set of pipes too...

I am thinking of the Monster Intake from DLP (https://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=9061&str=290)

sorry but you may have lost power with that set up. Good pipes and power commander make a huge difference.

Stock, first time ever drag racing, mine ran low 12's

G

·
Well I'd say your going to have to change your pipes for more hp, those do not make good power. As for putting pistons in to gain power over changing the pipes? Pipes will def be cheaper. I ran 11.7 @ 114mph with 2-1 pipe intakes, an power comander.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well I'd say your going to have to change your pipes for more hp, those do not make good power. As for putting pistons in to gain power over changing the pipes? Pipes will def be cheaper. I ran 11.7 @ 114mph with 2-1 pipe intakes, an power comander.
:agree: Pipes is were I'd start. I also ran 11.7 with a modded stock exhaust (made it a 2 into 1) K&N's in factory housings and a PCIII, but now I've got the tornados with lots of air flow but the stock head pipes are to small a dia to let it breath, so I'm in process of designing a new exhaust system.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pipes would be easier to change then doing rod's and pistons that for sure and you would suffer a greater chance at hurting reliablity opening up the motor. I have the raw pipe with a customer map and intake and the difference was huge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts