M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some input/ advice on running at the drag strip. Biggest problem is coming out of the hole. I start at a steady 2500 rpm but totaly spin the tire all the way to second. Plus it pulls a little to the left while its spinning so it gets a little tricky shifting to second. Im just practicing to get ready for running at the track. What RPMs at the start? Rear tire air pressure (E250)? Any other advice would be very much apperciated thanks.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
This would be intresting too find out how other riders do it. I smoke mine also if I try to take off in first. I was thinking it would be better in second. but Im no experianced racer. hope thoes with the experiance will chime in.

G

·
I haven't taken it to the drag strip yet but on the street when launching at a light I only rev to 2K jump out of the hole and shift early to second. With the 1-2 shift the way it is on the 9 I find it easier to shift at lower rpms and it's probably less likely to hurt anything. I wait till I get it into second to go full throttle. But you still have to ease up to it or you'll light up the tire. It may not work at the launch pad with a sticky tire and a rubbered down lane. But it's got me out ahead of most everything I've run against so far.

G

·
I need some input/ advice on running at the drag strip. Biggest problem is coming out of the hole. I start at a steady 2500 rpm but totaly spin the tire all the way to second. Plus it pulls a little to the left while its spinning so it gets a little tricky shifting to second. Im just practicing to get ready for running at the track. What RPMs at the start? Rear tire air pressure (E250)? Any other advice would be very much apperciated thanks.
Your on the street? I ran my fastest with 30 psi in my 250, When your at the track it will not spin and there will be no need to even heat the tire, I go around the water box straighten up rev an drop the clutch it will spin enough there just to clean the tire. Then I pull up rev between 25-3000 and I do not feather the clutch I drop it an full throttle right then, you will wheelie but I'm not tellin how to do it from here, I ride it out. Some will let out an smash there front ends down :dontknow: but on the street your going to spin incase your on some good asfualt on a hot day. So either take off normal then trottle or hit it hard and short shift to second. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
At the track you just line up in the car rubber and then hammer it coming out. Mine does not spin very much and I lean forward. 1.866 60 foot times so far but I am going to raise the rpm to 3500 next time and get on the throttle sooner. The track is going to be way way stickier than the street. First launch should be a careful one.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
your track sucks if you're spinning at all. The problem should be keeping the front down. Launch about 3-3500rpm and feather it out

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I've got a Raw short, cobra, Gipro. and homemade edelbrocks. I ran a [email protected] 88.76mph. But I have all the bagger stuff and the shield so about 800 for the bike, and I weigh about 290 suited up. So almost 1100 lbs of mass. So far the more rpm the quicker the 60 foot. but 88 seems to be my top end so far.
Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts