M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know whether Yamaha Royal Star drag bars would work on the 109, need to know whether it is worth while to pull them off my trade in.
Thanks for the help.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
dog man said:
Anyone know whether Yamaha Royal Star drag bars would work on the 109, need to know whether it is worth while to pull them off my trade in.Â
Thanks for the help.
If the bolt holes are the same spacing you should be able to make them work. May not be worth the effort. I have dragbars on mine and it was a real pain. ::)

I used the CP Punisher bars for the VTX on my bike but the bolts wrong and you need to do some work on the controls to get them to fit and the tach was a real pain to mount. I was able to keep the stock cables though.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lamonster, think I will just let them go with the bike, don't need a project that I would just mess up. :confused:

G

·
Lamonster said:
If the bolt holes are the same spacing you should be able to make them work. May not be worth the effort. I have dragbars on mine and it was a real pain. ::)

I used the CP Punisher bars for the VTX on my bike but the bolts wrong and you need to do some work on the controls to get them to fit and the tach was a real pain to mount. I was able to keep the stock cables though.

Looking good though... Thats a great idea for a new great seller - Radius Fatty (1.5") Drag Bars and all appropriate hardware to make it work and adapt tach... We can always mount the tach inside the headlight nacelle...

Good work though, good work...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts