M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feeling mighty :edit:today,went out on my 9 on sunday with my honey and a few other biker friends,parked in a small village,Westerham in Kent to have some lunch,bike parked next to me was an 05 ducati multistrada,having lunch women comes in a tells us our bikes are all on there sides!! so we go outside and they are now upright,story is ducati guy goes to leave,stalls his bike,falls off hitting my 9 knocking it onto my buddies 1500 and then on to a Honda 600,two passers by help him pick up his duke and our bikes and tell him to leave details,he just rides off leaving the scene.long story short my 9 has £2000 damage my buddies 1500 has £1800 damage........Witnesses managed to get Ducati boys reg num so police will be paying him a visit and charging him with a hit and run,we're guessing the guy has no insurance,have to wait to see what the police find out,mean while my bikes looking sad in the garage gotta get it fixed real quick these bikes dont look good scratched and bent up......:cus:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
samurai said:
...story is ducati guy goes to leave,stalls his bike,falls off hitting my 9 knocking it onto my buddies 1500 and then on to a Honda 600,two passers by help him pick up his duke and our bikes and tell him to leave details,he just rides off leaving the scene.long story short my 9 has £2000 damage my buddies 1500 has £1800 damage........Witnesses managed to get Ducati boys reg num so police will be paying him a visit and charging him with a hit and run....
:eek: I would be so pi$$ed off it wouldn't even be funny. I'm sure he doesn't have any insurance and he clearly has no dignity or balls either. Sorry to hear about this man.

Go Simon Cowell on his A$$!!!! :joke:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Why do people flee the scene so much? C'mon, its your responsibility as a human to make things right. I am so sorry to hear this.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
GEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

They use to only come out at night. Sorry to hear that man. I do hope you get Justice!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys

Im still fuming,but thanks for the comments,seems he's got no insurance,so looks like iv got to pay £250 excess,and lose my no claims bonus,not sure its the same for you guys stateside,but iv got legal protection on the policy so hopefully they can sue his butt for the money il be out of pocket.......but right now all i want to do is get my ride to straighten up and fly right...........

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Im still fuming,but thanks for the comments,seems he's got no insurance,so looks like iv got to pay £250 excess,and lose my no claims bonus,not sure its the same for you guys stateside,but iv got legal protection on the policy so hopefully they can sue his butt for the money il be out of pocket.......but right now all i want to do is get my ride to straighten up and fly right...........
let me know what bits your after, iv got a few bits kicking around the garage, and im only in leeds!

·
Registered
67 Posts
What a :edit:ing :edit:hole!!!!

I'm sorry to hear this, I don't know wether I would madder then upset or visa versa

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Something must be in the air idiots leaving the scene.the scum that left me and my wife laying in the road last Sunday should be shot.Sorry to here this happened to you i hope he gets what he deserves.

·
Registered
57 Posts
let me know what bits your after, iv got a few bits kicking around the garage, and im only in leeds!
Have to say - this is EXACTLY what I love about this site. Without this sort of comradery you are hunting around like a hedless chicken trying to find the bits you need to get it back square ......

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Not sure about that side of the pond but, here in the states, with the right lawyer you could sue him for mental anguish, diminished sex life, etc., due to the bike being damaged.

Don't laugh guys. Some people here sue for everything they can think of.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Also, if I had his address, he might have a late night visit or two. Make a few internal mods to his bike. :evil:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I GUESS EMBARRASSMENT IS SO BIG SO SOME PEOPLE I BELIEVE CAN NOT HANDLE THAT BIG STUPIDITY. IN THIS CASE IS A PROBABLY MONEY ISSUE, BUT I HAD A CASE WHERE WOMEN RUN AWAY AFTER KICKING MY BIKE BUT THERE WAS NOT ANY DAMAGE LUCKILY. SHE COULD HAVE SAID AT LEAST "I AM SORRY" BUT NO, SHE DISAPPEARED.

EMBARRASSMENT IS THE ANSWER TO ME.

Why do people flee the scene so much? C'mon, its your responsibility as a human to make things right. I am so sorry to hear this.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I GUESS EMBARRASSMENT IS SO BIG SO SOME PEOPLE I BELIEVE CAN NOT HANDLE THAT BIG STUPIDITY. IN THIS CASE IS A PROBABLY MONEY ISSUE, BUT I HAD A CASE WHERE WOMEN RUN AWAY AFTER KICKING MY BIKE BUT THERE WAS NOT ANY DAMAGE LUCKILY. SHE COULD HAVE SAID AT LEAST "I AM SORRY" BUT NO, SHE DISAPPEARED.

Then you leave a note with your information on it.

·
Registered
285 Posts

I never thought of that, that is a good point.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cool

love the replies guys thanks,nice to know theres always someone out there to help,your a top banana Jem my dealers done a list of damaged parts and insurance is gonna get her shiny and new again,but really appreciate the offer,and yes maybe the guy was red faced but a note would have been nice,just really pleased the witnesses were on the ball and got his plate,owe those guys some Beer..........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts