·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.25 bones. Much better.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
2 1/4" is what I did too. Looks awesome and is still very functional!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
Looks great! Mine are 2", but you can see in my sig pics that it lowers it about the same or a little more than yours.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Beautiful bike,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mine are 2"

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
At stock height I grind my pegs and the exhaust ...... would it be a lot worse
if I lowered it?
Yes, you will grind easier. I ground pegs but not exhaust at stock height, then I went to 1.5 bones and ground exhaust a little. Then 2.75 and I beat the bajeezus out of my exhaust and the bottom peg bracket bolts (on the frame). I went through 3 sets of pegs in 4 months, I loved and hated grinding at the same time. It is fun to watch sparks fly but I know that I am tearing stuff up and riding slower than I could have with more clearance.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Now thats the way it should have come from the factory.... Nice job :bigthumbsup:
:agree:

Yes, you will grind easier. I ground pegs but not exhaust at stock height, then I went to 1.5 bones and ground exhaust a little. Then 2.75 and I beat the bajeezus out of my exhaust and the bottom peg bracket bolts (on the frame). I went through 3 sets of pegs in 4 months, I loved and hated grinding at the same time. It is fun to watch sparks fly but I know that I am tearing stuff up and riding slower than I could have with more clearance.
I have the 1.5" bones and just for the heck of it I'm thinking of using these 2.25" bones I got from another member. I really only scrap pegs up in the mountain twisties, in the winding country curves which are mostly just nice sweepers I almost never scrap my pegs. For how I ride its more the road that determines the scrapping issue.

The bike does look much better lowered in the rear and it also lowers the bikes center of gravity and at least in sweepers I feel like the bike handles the curves even better. But if you lower it "too much" you start to defeat the purpose.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Thanks for the info man. Gonna have to stay at stock height for now until I
can afford an air ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts