M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
On the way to Galveston for the bike rally, my passenger and I got rear ended on I-10 in Houston. I was slowing the bike down after my luggage bag was sucked under the rear tire and locked up the tire. It was very unstable but I was handling it when a Dodge Durango finished the job and put us down on the freeway. Unbelieveably lucky, we both walked away from it with minor injuries while the Durango was towed away.
We scooped up our clothes put them in another bag, tied it to the bike and duct taped my dangling lights and license plate on and continued to the show.
His insurance settled pretty quick and I'll repair it better than new.
Long story short, this is one tough bike and I lost one of my lives (8 to go)!
Be careful all!!!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Good to hear you and your passenger are alright :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
glad you're alright bud

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Glad to hear you're both ok mate :bigthumbsup:

Don't know what a Durango is :dontknow: but sounds like you stitched it up eh!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Looks like you dodged one of life's bullets - life #9. I like that. 109 saved 9. Got a ring to it. Sometimes life smiles on you and I think you just got a big smile. Glad your both ok and when you get it fixed up the way you want be sure and post the pics.

G

·
Glad you are ok and your partner. Sounds like your guardian angel was riding with you today for sure. Anytime you can walk away is a good day.

·
Registered
292 Posts
glad your OK.....Ive got a couple rear signal lites if you want em......do a search on this site before you do an upgrade because there is more than a couple things you need to know...they are kind've generic except for the front signals.....they have a diameter close to 5/8 and most aftermarket lites are 3/8.....and I am smart assen you when I say this.......make sure you have your load secured better than it needs to be...... :joke: I had the same thing happen....years ago with a jacket on a yamaha four hundred.....the sleeve fell in to the sprocket......YEEE HAAAA......talk about feelin like a

your just lucky it was a dodge :joke:
Ive got front signal lites as well.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
mustaffa69 said:
Glad to hear you're both ok mate :bigthumbsup:

Don't know what a Durango is :dontknow: but sounds like you stitched it up eh!
This is a Durango, a Dodge SUV.

BIGE, Glad to hear you are able to tell us about it yourself. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
WoW glad you and you passanger are in good shape. Amazing you had some duct tape with you. that is something I'll need to add to our packing list when tripping. Seems like the bike came threw okay, what the heck happened to the truck that it had to be towed?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Man I'm glad you both are okay. The bike is an easy fix, people take a little more time. ;)
By the way I've been rearended a few times and it's no fun.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
biker-chicky said:
WoW glad you and you passanger are in good shape. Amazing you had some duct tape with you. that is something I'll need to add to our packing list when tripping. Seems like the bike came threw okay, what the heck happened to the truck that it had to be towed?
The Durango hit my luggage rack and tore it off, I believe it punctured his radiator. I still can't believe I'm alive!
Be safe!
:p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts