M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I debeavered the M109 and when I put the taillights on my local shop said it won't pass the bi-yearly inspection here because they are not DOT approved. So who has the best looking DOT approved taillights?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
What does de-beavering have to do with the tail light? are you talking about the turn indicators or the license plate illuminator?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hey I debeavered the M109 and when I put the taillights on my local shop said it won't pass the bi-yearly inspection here because they are not DOT approved. So who has the best looking DOT approved taillights?
With you being in a different country, your DOT tail light requirements could be different than our (USA) DOT tail light requirements.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
I'm not sure of any dot approved lights besides the stock. You could put some quick disconnects in and swap the light when inspection time comes.
There are no combination taillight-turn/signals approved by DOT.

There may be a lens that is approved, but not an assembly. But, if you just want to get it passed, then a DOT stamp on the lens might be good enough unless you have an inspector that knows his stuff.

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
bla bla bla, Californina, you didnt hear that
:a20:

You're right....... surprisingly, IL and Crook County have yet to figure this one out...I should probably delete that $chitt

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I believe OK did away with auto and motorcycle inspections correct.
That is correct. But there have been rumblings about re-instating them, due to the sorry condition of so many vehicles on the road these days.

We got vehicles with duct tape side windows, missing bumpers, missing lights, missing mirrors, windows so badly cracked you wonder how anyone can see out of them since you cant see in them, bald tires, missing fenders, no wipers, no mufflers, smoking like an old time two-stroke motorcycle, etc.

Makes you wonder where all the :cop: are? Its disgusting.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh oh, I'm in NS as well with a debeavered 109...guess I'll be getting my mechanic a case of beer come inspection time! BTW, I have the LED turn signal harness.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts