M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have seen a number of garage door opener mods for bikes...people rigging in a button then tearing apart their remote somehow. Anyway, I was researching the 'Homelink' thing my truck has and ran across a company that makes a Homelink transmitter specifically for bikes (weather resistant, etc). With homelink, you can program it for pretty much any brand of garage door opener, and several other devices. I think I'll have to get me one. Check it out:

http://www.opendoorsandmore.com/

·
Registered
256 Posts
looks like a handy thing to have...

(i also like the clamp they got for the handlebars..)

wish they'd posted the price though..

tc

·
Registered
317 Posts
i'd hate to see that remote on my bars. whats the price on it? i did mine for about $30 and a little bit of time and you can't see its there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I like the fact that the first one posted has no wiring, but the motofx one doesn't have any exposed switches and thats also kewl. Guess I'll have to figure out which one I can use with the garage doors at my apartment complex 8)

·
Registered
99 Posts
LOL , SAVE YOUR MONEY.THE FOB STYLE TRANSMITTER FROM "GENIE"IN A ZIP LOK SANDWICH BAG IN A POCKET OR TANK BAG,WILL MORE THAN DO THE JOB.     BUY YOUR HONEY SOME FLOWERS. THEN TELL HER ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING MOTORCYCLE TRIP :hot: :clap2: :a18: :2cool:p.LOL

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
All well and good if you own your own home and know the exact specs on your garage door opener.. Those of us in apartments who have to return the openers at some point have to be a bit more circumspect in how we do things. And I can guarantee you that a pocket fob for a garage door isn't going to be any cheaper than the ones for a car and those are around 100.00 for my Red-Neck-Sled (F150 XLT). The motofx thing is only 80.00. Didn't see the price for the one that was originally posted, but it has 3 control circuits in it. Be willing to pay for the extra flexibility.

As for the flowers? Heck I'll worry about that when I find a woman that will put up with my travel schedule. Until then, I'm just gonna do my own thing like I normally do :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Good for you! Dhandyman --

I think you can get a serviceable remote for almost ANY garage door opener at (like) Menards -- for about $30, though.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
DHandyman said:
I can guarantee you that a pocket fob for a garage door isn't going to be any cheaper than the ones for a car and those are around 100.00 for my Red-Neck-Sled (F150 XLT).
I don't know about that. I just purchased 2 keyfob remotes for my garage door opener for $23 each. I'm also going to get one of the ones that mounts to the door frame of the garage door that has a digital code (like a home alarm system) that allows you to open the garage if you are outside walking around and need entry into the garage. The key fobs are so I don't have to get off my bike(s) to enter the code. I've been leaving the car that's parked in the driveway's door unlocked and using the visor mounted opener to open and close the door when I'm on the bike. I don't like doing that because then anyone can get into the garage when I'm gone if they see me doing it.
My garage door opened is a Linear brand.
http://www.linearaccesscontrols.com/

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The nice thing about the original one posted is that it works with virtually all brands of openers, even the more secure 'rolling code' ones.
The other nice thing is that you can buy other devices you can program to the other buttons, like remote light switches, alarm systems, etc. So basically, you can roll up, turn on your security lights outside, turn off a house alarm or turn on lights inside, and open the garage door.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If they've got one that will turn on the little woman inside -- in IN!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts