M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still in shock, but I just got an e-mail from Don's ex wife. Don was in the hospital this week to have balloon angiplasty and was released on Thursday. We spoke on Thursday night and he commented that he felt like he was 20 years old again. Something happened and he died suddenly last evening. Details are few and I will keep you posted as they become available.

Many of you may remember Don as he had the silver 109 with the funky headlight that drew alot of attention. Don and I rode together a few times and always had a good time. He was a funny, good natured man. He had no children. He owned a high end day spa for women in Valley Forge, PA.

He will be missed. Please pray for his family during this difficult time.

Here is a picture of Don with a couple of other 109ers at Carlisle Bike Fest this past Summer. Don is in the middle

·
Registered
414 Posts
I didn't know him but I'm sorry to hear the news...I will ride with my Passenger pegs down in his honor tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
That is awful news...I enjoyed his posts (Don was one of the early 109 innovators)... my condolences to his family and friends.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
my condolences. he seemed to be a very nice and creative guy from the conversations i had with him on the board.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry to hear this news.He was creative with the look of his 9.I remember he orginally put a new head light on and had it mounted way up looking like E.T.
He moved it and everybody said "much better".How old was he?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am sorry to hear this as well... he seemed like a nice guy and I enjoyed his posts... I will miss them... :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don was young. I believe he was early forty's. According to his ex wife he had a heart attack and then they put 4 stints in him. Complications arose after the procedure while he was home last evening.

He had gone down on his bike the week before, but he said he was not hurt badly, just road rash and pride damage. He was admiring a pretty jogger and the car in front of him hit their brakes and Don hit his brakes hard and went to the right and went down. Tank and headlight were damaged pretty bad he said.

Don had been working 70-80 hours a week redoing his salon for the past couple of months and I guess he over did it. I still can't believe it. I will post funeral arrangements for those here in PA who may want to go or send cards etc.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Wow sorry to hear the news. My prayers are with his family.

I am in my 40's. Going to go kiss my kids while they sleep.

Sledzep

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Very sorry to hear about Don. He was obviously an original. You could tell it in the work he did on his bike. He started stretching the limits of the 9 in ways most of us haven't thought of yet. I especially liked his tank treatment of taking out the seam and then the racing pop up gas cap. His headlight showed his creativity (which he took a few jabs for) for which he ultimately found the best treatment.

We'll all miss his posts and our interchange with him - and especially his creativity and his being.

Jazzman

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I don't know what to say................................ except this SUCKS :( , my thoughts are with his family......

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. I just went back and read all his post and he seemed like a really fun loving guy that even had fun at his own expence. He photo shopped a lot of picture here and had a lot of friends it seems. Did get a chance to meet the man but I wish I had now, I'm sure we would have got along great. :doorag:

If you din't know Don you can read his post and get an idea of what a good guy he was. He will be missed.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1127;sa=showPosts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Didn't know him but from what I have read here he sounded like a great person. My thoughts and prayers go with him and his family.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Damned sad news :(

Prayers go out to his family and others close to him.

I've been thinking lately about a few guys that used to frequent the board and wondered how they were doing - DiCarlos, Wanted, L-Train and a couple others.

·
Registered
411 Posts
This really sucks. In the early 40´s? Life hadn´t really even got started. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but like others here have read his post and thought he had to be a :doorag: dude. My condolences goes out to his family and friends.

Most of us take our health for granted. I did too untill this year. (Dr.´s orders) Now I have dropped it back into second gear like probably alot of us should do, huh JR? We are all usually so busy trying to make that almighty dollar that we tend to forget, we can´t take it with us :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts