M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my 1st cruiser. i feel some shaking when i accelerate and at low speeds. almost like the head bearings would feel if loose. is this normal on this bike? yes my front tire is on correctly. but, the pinch bolts were loose when i picked the bike up. i cant check to see if the axel was tightened properly because suzuki didn't supply me with the tool. what are you guys using for the axel, somekind of allen key? any input would be appreciated.

john

·
Registered
849 Posts
We found a nut that fit the axle hole and welded a handle on it.
My handlebars are always rock steady and I've never had mirrors that reflected such a stable image so the rubber mounting is working. If the head bearings were a problem, I think I'd experience front end shaking.
As for the vibration while accelerating in lower gears at lower rpm, it's the nature of the beast. You can see the tank move and feel the shaking through your posterior and feet. For most of us, it's only between three and four thousand RPMs. There's some suggestion the timing retard eliminator mod being done will eliminate this. I'll be installing mine as soon as the plug'n'play version arrives. This should be tomorrow. In the meantime, I just keep the bike above 4,000RPM.
Jerbear

bad109 said:
this is my 1st cruiser. i feel some shaking when i accelerate and at low speeds. almost like the head bearings would feel if loose. is this normal on this bike? yes my front tire is on correctly. but, the pinch bolts were loose when i picked the bike up. i cant check to see if the axel was tightened properly because suzuki didn't supply me with the tool. what are you guys using for the axel, somekind of allen key? any input would be appreciated.

john

·
Registered
849 Posts
I forget what size it was as it was one of those in the spare parts box. I checked. It was a 24mm nut and then a 6" long 5/8 bolt was inserted and welded in it as a guide and to put a wrench on.
Jer
If you need, I'm charging my digital right now but I could take a pic of it tomorrow when I get back from riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts