M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't own a 109 yet, working on it.
I saw a T.V. show that illustrated a new Aerodynamic wind screen by Corbin, that was solid and not clear. Many of you may know what I'm talking about.
It sat well below the riders field of view, but was designed to deflect air up and over the rider better and more efficiently than most wind screens.
I was wondering, (from those that own a 109), if the headlight and tachometer have any kind of similar impact. I ask because the shape and look seem to lend well to the same deisgn Corbin has for thier wind screen, and I don't link windscreens on my bikes. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Partly. It does block the wind to a point, but obviously, not nearly as well as a windshield.

I had a Honda vtx (no windshield) before my 109 and anything above 75 mph and I was playing the part of a human parachute. Now, I don't get buffeted around nearly as much.

Never really liked the windshield look, so it's all bonus for me. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Canuk said:
I don't own a 109 yet, working on it.
I saw a T.V. show that illustrated a new Aerodynamic wind screen by Corbin, that was solid and not clear. Many of you may know what I'm talking about.
It sat well below the riders field of view, but was designed to deflect air up and over the rider better and more efficiently than most wind screens.
I was wondering, (from those that own a 109), if the headlight and tachometer have any kind of similar impact. I ask because the shape and look seem to lend well to the same deisgn Corbin has for thier wind screen, and I don't link windscreens on my bikes. :)
I'm not a big fan of the Corbin windscreen thing. They could have accomplished the same effect with a clear material, but instead use a opaque material (which you have to have color matched if they don't happen to stock your color). It definitely reduces your field of vision down in front. Kind of a gimmick if you ask me.

From the pics I've seen, at least one of the Suzi OEM screens are suppoed to be along the lines of the Corbin windscreen, with the swept-back shape and flared edges, but of a clear material. We'll see, I guess.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You do get a certain level of protection from the wind but a windshield would be nice.Hopefully one tailored to the bike will come out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have owned a VTX1800 and a Warrior before buying the 109. Let's just say I can ride the 109 on the xway without using a gorilla grip to hold on. :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the headlight and tach, do have some impact on diverting the wind. That sounds good enough for me!
I just put a deposit on what seems to be some of the last black M109R's today. Can't wait....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts