M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am starting to think that Suzuki doesn't give a crap about anything about the M109R.

I went onto their Canadian website, to droll over the 2011 LE. As I read the profile, I noticed that they state "Check out its sleek, flowing lines and GSX-R inspired styling touches along with a hot white with blue racing stripe paint scheme and you'll realize that the Boulevard M109RZ is in a class of its own.
Now, I know that is the LE paint scheme for the 2009...maybe I made a mistake. Nope...same is listed for the 2010 and now the 2011.
They seem to care so little that they can't even get a proof reader to check the ad for accuracy.
If you wonder how much Suzuki cares about their loyal owners, I emailed them to ask if the new 2011 LE had dealt with any of the oil puking issues that have plagued the 9 since 2006. They replied with," We do not yet have any detailed technical information relating specifically to this issue. "

Ever feel like we are on our own...

My rant, Dave

·
Registered
960 Posts
No, like most corporations, they do not care, at all. Having said that, we have each other!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Nope, they have there money... You spoke of the oil puking,, maybe im still lucky or just havent modded my Intakes yet but im still good with that issue, i do have issues with Coolant gettiing out somehow and forming nasty lil crusty sopts just to the rear of the radiator. no big deal tho... One of these days ill just replace all hoses and clamps, should be good...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Nope, they have there money... You spoke of the oil puking,, maybe im still lucky or just havent modded my Intakes yet but im still good with that issue, i do have issues with Coolant gettiing out somehow and forming nasty lil crusty sopts just to the rear of the radiator. no big deal tho... One of these days ill just replace all hoses and clamps, should be good...:bigthumbsup:
Have you tried tightening your clamps a few turns with a screwdriver? I had that problem my second year with the bike. I tightened the clamps ( 4 of them I think) and have not seen any leaking since. From what I've read on the forum, it is a common problem.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Have you tried tightening your clamps a few turns with a screwdriver? I had that problem my second year with the bike. I tightened the clamps ( 4 of them I think) and have not seen any leaking since. From what I've read on the forum, it is a common problem.
Yes, i tightened them and it seemed to work some. So im thinking possibly bad hose or something else. Its not to bad anymore but still annoying. So im just gonna replace all the hoses and clamps before our wicked summers here.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
In Suzuki's eyes we "the United States" are a small slice of pie in the global market, and because of that, thats how we are treated. If problems are not world wide, then its not worth their time.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I dont know that I "hate" suzuki but of the big 4 bike plants from japan it is not from my favorite................ 1-honda, 2-yamaha, 3-suzuki, 4-kawasaki
My dad ran a suzuki shop when I was growing up and sponsored my dirtbike racing but as soon as he sold the shop I went to honda and have been totally satisfied with their dirtbikes (sponsorship aside)
I now run honda atv's and couldnt be happier, my son rides yamaha and it is right there with the honda's

I wanted a honda before I bought the 9, and planned on a vtx1800 but
while looking online and compairing other power cruisers the 9 popped up.............. WOW just WOW
didnt give a damb how it ran, it was the coolest cruiser I have seen

Then I seen performance numbers and again.........WOW
sorry honda, your vtx is nice but suzuki built a better looking/performing power cruiser

I have not had the oil puke so my only complaint is the 1-2 shift

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Went to the bike show yesterday...guess who had the least amount of bikes at the show and only one representative...SUZUKI! They don't care, we the riders and forum members make the bike better!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Went to the bike show yesterday...guess who had the least amount of bikes at the show and only one representative...SUZUKI! They don't care, we the riders and forum members make the bike better!!! :bigthumbsup:
"They don't care, we the riders and forum members make the bike better!!! :bigthumbsup: "
:agree: They should pay us for all the improvements we do. I met two engineers from Japan right after I got my former M90. They were here in US trying to get a feedback from owners. They got the names of the first three owners here in my area, invited us to meet with them and we all expressed our concerns, mainly about the backfiring, "poping" on idling. They used a translator to talk to us and you could tell by the body language that the problem had no solution. They offered me to leave the bike at the stealership and promised me to adjust the issue. I came back and the problem was still there. At that point the "translator" was not available so I could talk to them. The Service manager told me that they tried really hard to address the issue while he was watching. Their frustration level was pretty high. They put the bike together saying that it was normal for that kind of engine to backfire???. Left with a Suzuki's $50.00 gift certificate for my trouble.WT:edit:!!!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
The biggest drawback of the 109 is that it's a Suzuki. Of the big 4, Suzuki is without a doubt the worst. I'd be willing to bet you could bring up the oil puking issue, the shifting/gears/shift fork issues, the clutch shudder issues, etc, to any Suzuki dealer/serve dept. and you'd get the same story. Suzuki simply doesn't care about their customers and it shows. If they did they would address the issues with this bike instead of trying to pretend like they don't exist. If they cared about their customers they'd educate their reps so they know more about their products than the average Joe Schmoe coming in off the street.

The 9 and an RM125 I had back in the 70s are the only Suzukis I've ever owned. I bought the 125 used and I never delt with Suzuki service with that bike, so the 9 is my only Suzuki that's had me interfacing with the Suzuki network. I've experienced more disappointment from Suzuki over the last year and half than I have from Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha combined over the last 40 years. To me, that says the writing is on the wall that Suzuki is on their way into the history books. No doubt Suzuki can and does design and build some fantastic machines, but how many companies has there been over the decades that built fine products, but still went under? If you can't please your customers, they go away...and so does your business. It might not happen in the near future, but I'd bet we'll see Suzuki go away within the next 10-20 years.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Does Suzuki care ?

From what I have personally seen,read and experienced,I would have to say positively NOT.Have never had any problem with the bike,but as mentioned in earlier posts,I had a few drama's with a couple of dealers.It got to the point where I contacted the Suzuki state representative to let her know that I and others were NOT HAPPY with the way the dealers were treating us.Her reply to this was that they(Suzuki)DO NOT and WILL NOT get involved in disputes between the dealer and the consumer,and that WE would have to sort it out with the dealer in question.Well.That was a really intelligent response.As we all know,if you want a solution to a problem,you don't go to the problem.The service(Loose term of course)that Suzuki/dealers provide these days is lousy to say the least.There are some dealers out there that do look after us,but they are few and far between.Back in 1970,I bought my first bike.A Suzuki 250cc road/trail which was a blast.The dealer I got the bike from was fantastic.This person(the dealer)is what being a dealer used to be like,and the dealers of today could learn a lot from the dealers of days gone by.If a customer had a problem with their bike,this fellow would bend over backward to help you and make sure you were happy with the product.
Sadly this a thing of the past,and it will not get better in the forseeable future.A good friend of mine bought a new Yamaha recently,and the service he gets from them is fantastic.Me thinks that my next bike might just be a Yamaha.Peace people. KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I agree with all the above in one way or another. It appears the company stiffels the information to the dealers and the dealears may have a real tough time getting paid for sevvices clearly warrentied. It was Ironic they said there were no reports of the tublar nut issue. I counted close to 20 here alone. considering the members represent a small fraction of 9 owners, this has happened way to often. cleary in my area the non dealers that repair bikes all knew about the problem and other problems long befor.

·
Registered
226 Posts
From what I have personally seen,read and experienced,I would have to say positively NOT.Have never had any problem with the bike,but as mentioned in earlier posts,I had a few drama's with a couple of dealers.It got to the point where I contacted the Suzuki state representative to let her know that I and others were NOT HAPPY with the way the dealers were treating us.Her reply to this was that they(Suzuki)DO NOT and WILL NOT get involved in disputes between the dealer and the consumer,and that WE would have to sort it out with the dealer in question.Well.That was a really intelligent response.As we all know,if you want a solution to a problem,you don't go to the problem.The service(Loose term of course)that Suzuki/dealers provide these days is lousy to say the least.There are some dealers out there that do look after us,but they are few and far between.Back in 1970,I bought my first bike.A Suzuki 250cc road/trail which was a blast.The dealer I got the bike from was fantastic.This person(the dealer)is what being a dealer used to be like,and the dealers of today could learn a lot from the dealers of days gone by.If a customer had a problem with their bike,this fellow would bend over backward to help you and make sure you were happy with the product.
Sadly this a thing of the past,and it will not get better in the forseeable future.A good friend of mine bought a new Yamaha recently,and the service he gets from them is fantastic.Me thinks that my next bike might just be a Yamaha.Peace people. KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
Where ya going to find a yamahopper to keep up and looks as good as the zuk???:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
The big picture

All: I remember as a kid growing up in the Suzuki Business (my dad had 2 Suzuki franchises) in N.C in the late 60's and early 70's. Suzuki motto was race on Sunday sell on Monday, I still think they have this mentality. problem is their R&D is not keeping pace with the other manufactures. I do know the other Big 3 Japanese manufacturesr do listen to their customers, especially Kawasaki. If Suzuki does monitor this web site (they do), I know they take into consideration the service and reliability issues of the M109R. The cruiser segment is just a small part of their product lineup and like any other manufacturer, they put their machines through similiar testing, and I do not believe they purposely hide defects, and sell them off to the public. The M109R is an eye and performance catcher which Suzuki did it's homework on before producing. Is it fault free or defect free no, but as a machine is it any worse off then others? Could Suzuki learn from its owners, yes, I think open dialog would be great if Suzuki would have an opinion, or perhaps an improvement site on the web, where we owners could voice concerns about issues related to the M109R. I have had my bike for 4 years and have had only one problem, I replaced the battery after 4 years. I am not complaining or bragging, maybe even lucky, but I know a little preventative maintenance as prescribed in the service manual goes along way.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
All: I remember as a kid growing up in the Suzuki Business (my dad had 2 Suzuki franchises) in N.C in the late 60's and early 70's. Suzuki motto was race on Sunday sell on Monday, I still think they have this mentality. problem is their R&D is not keeping pace with the other manufactures. I do know the other Big 3 Japanese manufacturesr do listen to their customers, especially Kawasaki. If Suzuki does monitor this web site (they do), I know they take into consideration the service and reliability issues of the M109R. The cruiser segment is just a small part of their product lineup and like any other manufacturer, they put their machines through similiar testing, and I do not believe they purposely hide defects, and sell them off to the public. The M109R is an eye and performance catcher which Suzuki did it's homework on before producing. Is it fault free or defect free no, but as a machine is it any worse off then others? Could Suzuki learn from its owners, yes, I think open dialog would be great if Suzuki would have an opinion, or perhaps an improvement site on the web, where we owners could voice concerns about issues related to the M109R. I have had my bike for 4 years and have had only one problem, I replaced the battery after 4 years. I am not complaining or bragging, maybe even lucky, but I know a little preventative maintenance as prescribed in the service manual goes along way.
I don't have any major complaints about their bikes, I think in that area Suzuki does fine (sure there are some areas they could improve on, but what manufacturer doesn't have those?) I think where Suzuki is dropping the ball is in customer service. Instead of acting like they've never heard of the problems with the 9 (or any of their bikes for that matter), they should be bending over backwards to resolve ANY issues customers may have. That's their job. If you're running a business and you think you're only job is to sell a product and then wipe your hands of the matter, you aren't going to stay in business long. Customer service can make or break a business, and that's especailly true in this rough economy. IMO, Suzuki is heading down the wrong road....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Suzuki [email protected] Not keeping up???? Thatis completely wrong in my opinion. They have had some of the top bikes for years. They invented the idea of a sport quad with the quadzilla and the gave it a fresh kick to get it all restarted in 03 with the ltz quads and that restarted that market again. Kawasaki depended on Suzuki there for a few years, I think o4 o5 ish. If you bought a new dirtbike or quad from Kawasaki it had right on the frame manufactured by Suzuki.
On the turn side of things, they are hurting as a company because of their cars. All of the models are on the worse sellers list. The are trying to restructure and save themselves. Do they do everything right?? NO! Who does???? I have owned and raced many Suzuki's from quads to gsxrs. Now I have my 9 and yet to have any of them in the shop for repairs. Pretty impressive from my view. I know not everyone can say that but that is the same story with every thing manufactured. Could be better in areas? Yes of course,but I will continue to buy zuks. Around my area all the dealers for all bikes are somewhat on the ****zlist.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts