M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I order the Cobra Exhaust, do I have to also install the cobra fuel managment system. Will the FI light go on or is this just a rumor? Cobra exhaust and the fuel management is a very expensive upgrade if you ask me...

·
Registered
849 Posts
Welcome to the world of motorcycling.
Now wait until you want to add two new air intake units to the beast and you'll spend another $700.00 or more depending on what you like. Between intake and exhaust mods, you're probably looking at around $1500 or so. And yes, it's a good idea to add fuel management although some people won't.
The FI light won't come on with the Cobras as they've built in a feature that tricks the bike into thinking you still have the stock exhaust.
Being able to adjust the fuel though will help you take better advantage of any intake or exhaust changes you make and help avoid popping sounds on deceleration. If you're making the initial investment to begin with, you might just as well do it right.
That said a lot of us are waiting in line for the right mods to be released.
Jer

·
Registered
48 Posts
I HAD THE COBRA PIPES AND COBRA COMPUTER INSTALLED AND LET ME TELL U SHE IS HOTT.......BEST MONEY I HAVE EVER SPENT......ALSO TOO LET U KNOW I WAS TOLD THAT THE COMP WAS A MUST FOR THE PIPES AND MY FI LIGHT HASNT EVER COME ON

·
Registered
568 Posts
What you spend on mods or servicing is all relevant to what you are able to do yourself or have friends that are able to help you. If your abilities do not go that way, then the mods will cost. It cost me a little over $100 to do my own intake. The exhaust I am still trying to get all figured out to see if it is possible to do a true equal length header set up to the collector. So that will cost me between $100 and $400 probably. Electronics is not my thing so anything in that department I pay regular price. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
that's a pessimistic view on the money ! I bought my exhaust for $80 and the fuel controller for $300 and the intakes are headed this way for 19 bucks!!!

What kind of intakes are u getting? That sounds like a deal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts