M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys :)
For some reason dealerships in my area, Orange, Ca. that work on bikes are hard to come by. Does it have to be a Suzuki dealership that does a scheduled maintenance on my 9? I want them to check the valves as the previous owner said its worth checking because its not too expensive, and he doesnt remember a ticking sound like I hear now. It is out of warranty, it is a 2006 with 5K miles on it and it sat for months without being ran.

I had the rear brakes replaced recently by a great little shop that had a bunch of sport bikes parked in it :/ Are they qualified to work on our bikes? Thank you so much for all your hard work and info.

G

·
If it's out of warranty, it really doesn't matter. Any qualified mechanic should be able to do a valve job...But, the 9 is qwerky to say the least. If they're gonna change your oil, and they're not used to working on 9's, they're gonna overfill it and she'll be puking.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced the oil.

That was the first thing I did when I got the bike is replace the oil, they dont have the 9 oil fill touch for sure :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
its like anything else. A toyota mechanic may be very good but if you throw him on say a porche there are going to be things that he's just not going to know about that specific brand. He may be able to provide a basic service, but for anything serious I would leave it to the dealer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right. I was thinking that and I am glad you told me because that is helping me make up my mind.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Unfortunatley, being that the 9 is a Suzuki, it puts us owners in an awkward position. Do we take our chances with the suck a$$ Suzuki service departments, or do we take them to a reputable service depatment of another brand and hope they know enough about the bike to do the job properly? Personally, as do as much work myself as I have the tools to do. Luckily, I haven't had to take mine in to be serviced....yet....

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
suzuki dealership

hey go to southland suzuki they are on garden grove bl just before beach southland is an old school dealership no runaround just great work. its just west of you about 7 miles

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey go to southland suzuki they are on garden grove bl just before beach southland is an old school dealership no runaround just great work. its just west of you about 7 miles
Thank you so much, I am so lucky you live near me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts