M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding in my truck (not done with mods yet.. uggg) and a bike was in front of me (Harley I think... i blame his parents, guess that's how he was raise.. hahah) anyway, in the oncoming lane there was a SCOOTER coming and the scooter put his hand down to give the biker wave. Looked hilarious... anyway, did the scooter rate the "biker wave?" Oh, the harely dude gaffed him off, but it made me wonder.. hmmmm :dontknow:

·
Registered
843 Posts
that would be a funny sight, but he was still riding and shouldve been acknowledged. The scooter guy probably could only afford what he had, but no matter what he was riding he was still being polite and Harley guy act like a jerk.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that would be a funny sight, but he was still riding and shouldve been acknowledged. The scooter guy probably could only afford what he had, but no matter what he was riding he was still being polite and Harley guy act like a jerk.
He probably was a rider and waiting for that replacement bike. Got caught up. But yeah, I think he coulda got a wave back.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I wave at 'em all

·
Registered
148 Posts
i wave to the scooter riders. it is funny cause most of the time they are surprised that i do and try like hell to get that hand up to acknowledge back!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I ride a vespa around town and even sometimes to work. Occasionally I get a wave. Sometimes i wave but sometimes its simpler not to.:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I too wave at anyone who waves

luckyone is right on, the scooter guys get such a suprise when you wave back that its worth it just for the entertainment value

I cant stand inconciderate jackasses........

if your holding up someone or getting passed in the right lane, move it!!
(no matter how fast YOU are going)

when I hold the door for you, say thank you
(or I will yell "your welcome" loud enough to scare ya lol)

if someone is merging get over and let them in
(unless your cutting off someone else to do it :edit:)

and if your waved at, then wave back

·
Registered
190 Posts
I cant stand scooters. The operators cut in and out of traffic, ride on sidewalks and dont obey traffic signs. All the scooters I've seen do this are plated, so they should be obeying all traffic laws.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Scooter or not, skin to wind with two wheels planted. ABSOLUTELY!!! Don't wish to live the snob role of many Harley riders. :)

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I never wave, unless they wave first. scooter or cycles

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I ride a scooter everyday. So does another rider on this site. If you don't wave to scooter riders I think it says a lot about you as a so called biker. You never know, that scooter driver probably owns a $30k chopper and a bad a$$ M109R.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I ride a scooter everyday. So does another rider on this site. If you don't wave to scooter riders I think it says a lot about you as a so called biker. You never know, that scooter driver probably owns a $30k chopper and a bad a$$ M109R.
Who cares what a scooter rider may or may not have in their garage. If not waving at every bike that passes by makes you a bad biker, then I'm a bad biker. I ride because I enjoy it not to wave at all the other bikes. Waving is a custom and like most customs, they are not mandatory or enforceable. If you think less about a rider who doesnt wave, I think it says a lot about you as a biker.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It depends, I wave to chicks on scooters, because that's who belongs on a scooter. Again the female of the species gets one of those passes. They can wear a dress or pants, ride a scooter or a motorcycle.

Next time you pass a scooter, picture them in a skirt. If you would still wave, so would I!

PS, I'd ride an old used honda before buying a scooter, so the cost thing doesn't fly.:eek:

·
Registered
547 Posts
hehehe Yah know what's funny. I have wondered about this a bit. If I am wearing my full face helmet, I very seldom get a wave back unless it is from some crotch rocket. If I wear my skid lid I get the waves from the cruisers/Harleys and the crotch rockets as well. I think if they have two wheels on the ground they deserve an acknowledgment with a wave.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I wave at anything on 2 wheels.

Yes, even bicycles.:dontknow:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't wave and it's not because I'm a jerk....... I just think that it is simply one more distraction that I don't need! It's bad enough dealing with the cagers out there trying to kill us!

I say no to wave backs strictly because of safety reasons.....maybe a knod here and there....

·
Registered
744 Posts
I wave at all two or three-wheeled motorized vehicle operators. Most of the scooter riders are too busy gawking at the 9 to wave. But if they are looking, I at least render a smooth azz head nod. :doorag:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts