M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an idea to chrome the painted headlight cowling to match the chrome cover on it now.  My bike fell over and the silver cowling got a couple scratches and I made it worse by trying to use 1500 grit sandpaper to lessen the scratches.....so I thought it might look cool to have the entire headlight chrome but NOBODY in Denver chromes plastic.  Any ideas??  Thanks Dan

·
Registered
476 Posts
You might take a look at Alsa Corp. paints and additives, they have a high tech chrome that is applied like a wet paint. :doorag:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called ATLAS and this lady who sounded drunk answered "hello?" I say is this ATLAS? She said "Oh...sorry yes." So I explain that I would like to have a piece of plastic chromed and she say this....."we stopped doing plastic for a few MINUTES so call back in a few weeks or months."  ?????? Do I really want to use this outfit?

·
Registered
78 Posts
ccvacuumplaters.com will do any plastic plating job, apparently they do projects for anybody anywhere in North America. I have them do some work for me but it is not completed, so I can,t tell you personally how good they are, but they came highly recommended by some fasass auto restoreres.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A might be alot cheaper and faster if you use the following method from oneidasuzuki.com

Items
HEADLAMP COVER M109R
HEADLAMP COVER
M109R

Selected options:
PART: #1 COVER 51811-48G00

$65.99 x = $65.99

Delete item Edit options

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal:
$65.99
Shipping:
n/a

Total:
$65.99

·
Registered
78 Posts
CVVACUUMPLATERS.COM will do a good job for you, go on line and check out what and how they do it.
I have used them, they do good work. good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts