M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear my front brake rubbing when I am riding I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

It sounds like the brake caliper is rubbing on the disk accept it is not all the time.

I hope this is normal

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yeah, I hear it when I'm riding around town sometimes. Sounds like one of the pads dragging on the rotor because the rotor has warped a little.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I haven't

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I sometimes here them rub when I turn a corner. A little weird, but nothing that bothers me.
I do have a lot of rear break squeeking going on these days. That bothers me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Only on the first 800 miles. After that no noise. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Aren't they floating discs?

If so we should probably always hear them a little in the straightline and a little more as we trun corners.

No big deal.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I hear it occasionally while not braking. When braking......umm.....I hear it for sure. Just turned 700 miles. Hearing someone say it works itself out over 800 is good news. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've got 2,542 miles on mine and the pads are still dragging on the rotor a little. It sounds like a warped rotor does on a cage when the brakes are applied lightly. The squeal from the rear brakes did go away a couple hundred miles after it started.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Canuk said:
I sometimes here them rub when I turn a corner. A little weird, but nothing that bothers me.
Is that back brake noise still bugging you? I'm going to try to eliminate it this week... it's getting pretty annoying.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Canuk said:
im with you on this..i told the dealer and they just buffed up the pads again noise was gone for about 30 miles then came back worse

·
Registered
961 Posts
I get it also, particularly when I turn a corner. It stops on it's own.

Cormierone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts