M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at getting the wife a bike and the 90 is too tall for her, 5'2"! Thought maybe if I put air ride on one to drop it might work. Too exspensive too hope though. She want a M50 but I dont like the look and know that when I MOD my 109 I will be riding hers. If anyone could help it would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Could just throw on a lowering bone and drop it up to 3 inches.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'd say get her what she is comfortable on because if you don't she will pry not be riding the bike........
I agree, the m90 isn't a little bike, what about the M50. Might be more her size and a better first bike for her IMO

·
Registered
788 Posts
My wife is 5'2" and feels very uncomfortable on my M90. It isn't the height of the bike its the width. She also has troublewith the reach to the bars and the controls. It is way to big for her at this point. She rides my old M50 and I had to lower that 2 inches plus put on C50 bars to make her comfortable. I changed out the seat to a Saddleman Profiler and now she is very comfortable on the M50. If she likes She classic cruiser style you could look at a C50, Kawasaki Vulcan 900 or the Yamaha 950.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replys. I think will your advice and get her the 50. i guess if anything my 10 year old can use it in 5 years anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts