M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone has had a problem with leaking antifreeze from the left side. IT only happens when i am hammering on it, and i think it may be from the overflow but the level in the overflow tank is right in the middle of low and full. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem?? THanks for any input.

Troy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Happened to me...

Loose clamps on the T Connector, remove the radiator cover and you will see them...

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
You will have to take off the front fascia's and tighten every clamp you can find. My last leak was at the upper radiator connections...but it has been leak free for months now...if you don't fix it....it will get worse.:doorag:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just had the upper radiator hose start to leak. The hose was breaking down. Going to replace the lower hose at the same time.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I checked mine when I had my tank off and the t was very loose ! hasnt leaked yet !
Just lucky my friend. Just part of maintenance in a V-twin. Always a good idea to check the torque of bolts and clamps once a year. If it was coming out of your reserve, it would drain under your bike. If you look undernieth, you will see a tube sticking out.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
I think all of these were shipped with loose clamps, just some of them leak soon and some take a while. But it's a good practice to check and tighten them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree!!!!!!!But

after tightin your clamps just keep an eye it may be boil off from over flow. If there has been to much put in it will boil over or rise with the temp of the bike, But i would check all clapms first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts