M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some of you have used Doc Bailey's on yoru leather before. Any good/bad/indifferent words about it?

I seen it on CorbinS Ride on the other day... I was thinking about trying it out on my boots... and possibly on a few jackets that needs a lil extra....

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Honest-to-goodness never heard of it.. Only thing I've ever used is "Saddle Soap" not sure who makes it, and don't have it to look at right now either, for cleaning boots and jackets and then a very light coating of "Mink Oil" on the seams to keep them waterproof.. if you know something that works better would be VERY interested in hearing about it.

Got started using these 2 things in the Army to clean and protect boots and just kept using it since... In fact, I'm still using the same tins of it that I was using back then.. Discovered I don't use NEARLY as much of it since I got out 8) That inspection quality clean and shine just isn't as high of a priority any more :D

Added: Went and looked this stuff on the web, may have to give it a go on my 109 jacket after testing in on the silver somewhere like the underarm. Looks like its a lot easier to use than the stuff I been using to clean and protect, will see how it lasts.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah but I was hoping a couple of the guys from the board have used the stuff and would have a review.... I have seen it in the stores around here... but i would hate to use it if it bleeds off... or runs in the rain or something.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have some and honestly i dont think its all that better then saddle soap or mink oil. covers up blemishes a little better at best.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
They make some other stuff that doesn't have dye in it that I ordered. Figured it would be safer on multi-colored leathers. Don't think it will bleed either... uses Linseed oils and wax.. and the "Black" has a dye for black leather.. probably really good stuff for seats and saddlebags.

Will try out the leather tonic and let you now in a couple of weeks what I think about it.

G

·
Not to hijack, but what do you guys use NOW? I'm looking for something cheap but good. I have had a ton of jackets but just recently got my first leather jacket and I love it. I wanna get something good on there before I wear it. ... since UPS lost my damn pipes, I have time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts