M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those that have had the gear display for a little while.

do you actually use it or has it proven to be just a novelty??

i think i am gonna be getting a ATRE in a few weeks for my birthday as my first mod for the RT, i think a gear display might be useful for when i go out and play on the backroads ,but, not sure i'd really use it:dontknow:

whats been your experience with them

THANX

·
Registered
176 Posts
I still use it after 3,000 miles (GIPro)....I like seeing what gear I am in...especially when it is nice out and I am daydreaming. There are times when going from 1st to 2nd gear and it went into neutral instead...nice to see when it happens instead of accidentally shiftiing into 1st or 3rd. I am sure you will get mixed reviews, but I would buy another in a second...nice quality product and accurate. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've really gotten used to mine being there and think I would really miss not having it now.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I had mine hidden under one of the side panels and about a week ago i was board so i relocated it to the lower triple tree because i was tired of trying to shift to 5th gear when i was already in 5th gear.I love it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yea...I glance at mine all the time....especially when I'm getting ready to lean over hard in a curve to make sure I've got the right cog selected for my planned exit speed! :evil:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
I use mine, especially when out riding the back roads. Not sure it's a must have, but it is neat to have it.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
I glance at mine all the time. I kept trying to shift into 6th :D
I use mine, especially when out riding the back roads. Not sure it's a must have, but it is neat to have it.
:agree: and it just looks great with the blue LED lights on the dash and tach also. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
The gear position display was what i started out looking for and found that it came with the atre. I was constantly, accidently shifting into first when heading into corners, and trying to shift to 6th on the road. I use mine all the time and feel that it makes me a better rider.

Sent From my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
gear indicator

glance at mine on every shift,makes my rides much more enjoyable-don't
reach for 6th gear-don't get wrong gear on curves-a must for an old guy
like me.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yes I love it. Get yours from Darrin at trackdayelectronics.com
awesome guy to deal with and will save you about 70 dollars difference of the GiPro. Get one you will love it!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I didnt get the gear indicator with my tre. After years of off road toys I don't pay attention to what actual gear I'm in. Just keep the rpms in the torque curve. I do try to grab 6th from time to time. What I need is a small led that only lights in 5th gear

·
Registered
44 Posts
My first Gear Indicator came standard on my 05 GSXR and I immediately thought it was great.
It wasn't until I swapped bikes with a buddy for a day and didn't have it that I realized how much I had come to count on the darn thing!
Can't live with out them now, I was over the moon when I learnt my new 109 was coming with one fitted standard! :bigthumbsup:

Cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts