M109 Rider Forums banner

Do You Trust The Suzuki Dealers To Service Your M109R Properly, And For A Fair Price ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Mostly Trust Them

• I Mostly Don't Trust Them

• No

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--I've seen some Suzuki dealers that provide great service, but I felt they took every opportunity to overcharge me.
--I've seen some Suzuki dealers overchage, and provide improper service.
--I've seen some with fair prices, and good service.
--Some honor warraties, and sincerely seem to want to help you and make you happy.
--Some do what ever they can to avoid warranty work, until your warranty has ended, then it all needs to be fixed.

I'm not too happy with the Suzuki Dealer I have near my house, I don't really trust them much these days. Too many instances where they've clearly had only their business in mind, and not customer service.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not that I am a Mechanical Engineer or even a Motorcycle GuRu, but I do have a good understanding and quite a bit of experience with bikes and cars alike and I have found that my dealer must be the exception. They are very knowledgable and really seem to be concerned about their customers. Prices: average to decent; $30 oil & filter, $160 first service (which I did myself :doorag: ). They were the first to inform me of the oil fill issue and made sure I understood everything about servicing the bike before I left the dealership. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've yet to run into a dealer who didn't welcome warranty work. Why wouldn't they? They're getting paid -- in many cases, more than that would for non-warranty stuff...

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Had the 600 mile service done by my dealer! $129.95 for the service and they charged me separate for the oil and filter .......came to $168 and change. That's pricey for a oil change. Just received a coupon in the mail from the same dealer offering a free filter and oil with the next service. I have to call and see if they are going to still charge $129.95 for the service. If so, they have seen me in their service department for the last time. I'll buy a dozen crush washers for the oil drain plugs and do my own changes for less than $20.00!

Maybe one of these days "Jiffy Lube" will wise up and start offering oil changes for motorcycles. In and out in less than 15 min. with no appointment required with up to 5 quarts of oil and a filter at a reasonable price.....Motorcycle Dealers could learn a lot from these folks :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
817 Posts
bob109 said:
Maybe one of these days "Jiffy Lube" will wise up and start offering oil changes for motorcycles. In and out in less than 15 min. with no appointment required with up to 5 quarts of oil and a filter at a reasonable price.....Motorcycle Dealers could learn a lot from these folks :D :D :D :D :D
I've often wondered why none of the quick-change oil places will do motorcycles. Seems like easy money to me. Does anyone know why?

G

·
Suzuki definately needs to clean up their act as far as dealing with consumers and service work. I am tired of taking my 109 to the dealer to repeatedly have things done that should have been taken care of the first time. I like and enjoy my 109, but have begun to wonder if I should have kept my Goldwing. If all owners that have been taken advantage of or had sloppy work done on their rides complain to Suzuki, maybe things will change for the better.

G

·
I ,for one,,would never ever go to a quick lube....I fix their f*** ups at least once a week....Can't tell you how many stripped oil drain plugs,,,expansion plugs installed with out the customer knowing it was stripped and replaced......you have alot of inexperience there to say the least...I worked for val instant oil change as a manager for 3 years and can tell you  first hand who they hire,,,young kids,,who for the most part have trouble putting gas in their own cars.......Seriously...Heres one story...
   Lady came in with a check engine light on,,says it running bad and using lots of gas..........pull it in,,first thing I notice is the maf sensor arrow(direction of flow)is backwards...She precedes to tell me this was at dealership(Chevy) for this 3 times...first they put a fuel pump and Gas tank straps(why I'm not sure),,cleared it,,came back on..she returns,,next came a new cat converter,,,and new o2's,,,,cleared,came back on returned again,and then they tell her it gonna be another 200.00 or so to look at it again,,so ,,then she brings it to me....5 minutes its fixed....Bad thing is,,talking to her,,,this all started after she had her oil changed at a Mucks...I checked the receipt,,sure enough they changed the air filter(03 venture)...they inserted the maf in backwards....and bam,,,,it ran like crap...I know,, the dealer was just as bad....they, of all people should have caught it..guess buss was slow.........or the time we had a new (when i was at val) lic town car,,dump hump pan,,kid strips both plugs,...yes both...or the time a kid forgot to take the hood (on an old civic) rod out and down,,folded the hood in half...pretty funny actually,,list goes on and I could prob write a book.... :eek:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah... come to think of it, Wal Mart stripped my plug and put in an expansion plug about 5 years ago on a truck I had. And after paying for "Mobil 1" service at a Mobil quick change place, I saw they had used the cheapest oil filter ever made. Guess some of these places are pretty bad.

·
Read Only
302 Posts
J R said:
NO NO NO AND FURTHER MORE NO AND DID I MENTION NO WAY. My 11 year old is honestly more qualified to work on a bike than the dealers here in Jacksonville, Florida. I have never met such idiots as the folks at Ron Turner Cycles service department. They knew less about the Suzuki M109R than my grass in the front yard. I took it there for the leaky hose between the cylinders. BIG mistake.  Two weeks later, they had not fixed the bike. They told me to just try it, and they would keep trying things. They did nothing but charge Suzuki for labor, and they where too lazy to even lift the tank and the airbox and tighten the hose clamp I told them about. They also said they serviced my bike since it was at 600 miles, and that I owed then 175 bucks. I was so mad I just took the bike with the leak home and fixed it. And after looking at the bike that was left out in the rain and looked like it had been fingerprinted by everyone in the Duval County jail with grease and rain spots, I was real mad. Then after getting home and finding the same oil filter that was on it from the factory (which I had marked), I'm really, really unhappy. The ORANGE PARK Suzuki store told me that since I bought my bike in another part of Florida and didn't want to pay them their over retail price plus all their fees, that I needed to take my bike elsewhere. They said they were not allowed to deny any Suzuki bike, but if there were 20 bikes there that all 20 of those would be fixed before mine ever got looked at so screw um all in Jackassville as far as motorcycle stealerships...
Dude, that's a horrific story. I have to believe that it's not Suzuki, but the independent dealerships that are as bad as that. If I were you....(and I'm by no means telling you what to do)......I would call Suzuki, ask for a supervisor in customer care and tell that story verbatim. You may not get back the wasted hours of your life you spent dealing with those morons, but I'd be shocked if Suzuki didn't do SOMETHING for you........and also contact that dealer directly to try resolving the problem. Who knows, maybe it won't result in a darned thing, but I know I'd feel better knowing I dimed them out.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I can't complain about my limited contact with the service department where I bought mine. They took me in on a busy Saturday with no appointment when the oil was bleeding from the air box. They changed the oil (with the correct amount) and washed the bike, all in about 90 minutes. I had them do the 600 mile service also. The service writer seemed very knowledgable - he mentioned that in addition to the usual lube changes and a once-over to tighten things up, they would be checking the SET valve for proper operation and a few other electronic-type parameters. He may have been blowing smoke up my rear, but at least he had read up a little on the "M". This place does a LOT of business and I don't think they would have the customer base they do if they were screwing people around. I won't be back to see them unless something drastic happens to the bike. I do my own oil changes, tune-ups, ect. but I would feel confident letting them handle the big stuff.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I had mine back from it's first service, a bolt "which holds on the top exhaust pipe" fell out onto the ground. A passerby noticed it.
They charged me quite a bit for an oil change and a once over. Clearly the once over was more like a look over....

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Canuk said:
When I had mine back from it's first service, a bolt "which holds on the top exhaust pipe" fell out onto the ground. A passerby noticed it.
They charged me quite a bit for an oil change and a once over. Clearly the once over was more like a look over....
Before my 600 mile service I had applied the plastic chrome bolt covers to the entire bike except for the exhaust system. Not one of those was removed during the service. How in the heck they checked all bolts for the proper torque is a miracle to me!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wanted said:
I've often wondered why none of the quick-change oil places will do motorcycles. Seems like easy money to me. Does anyone know why?
Bikes keep falling into the pit when they pull them in. :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
keefer06 said:
Bikes keep falling into the pit when they pull them in. :D
They cured that problem! They have ramps at both ends of the pit....you drive through at 50 mph, hit the on ramp, while your in the air the tech removes the drain plug and filter and drains the oil. When you touch down on the exit ramp the other tech fills your oil to the proper level and takes your cash......why do you think they call it "Jiffy Lube" :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts