M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Then show us a photo!

I did a search a few weeks ago, and there are some great trailers to be found going back a few years worth of threads, but it takes a heck of a lot of searching to find them. It'd be great to have them all on one thread for future reference.

I know when I was looking for ideas for my trailer, it is right here on the forum (after a lot of digging), that I got my inspiration.

If you have a trailer, then lets see it here!! :drool:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
My set-up is very purpose built. It is a dog trailer with extra storage on the tongue box. It was built being budget conscious and knowing exactly what the purpose was.

My build thread is HERE

Final pics:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
wow man that is crazy!! i guess the 9 has ample power to pull that anywere doesnt it.
Yea.

it isn't as heavy as one would think. Empty the trailer weighs about 150-180 lbs. Both dogs weigh 40 lbs each...Plus a bit of light gear...I would say the trailer tops out at a little over 300 lbs fully loaded. The 9 has no problems pulling it. The only time I notice it is low speed manuevers and the exhaust reverberates off the box on the highway...

Also, with me weighing 180 and the wife weighing significantly less than that, the total weight of load + tow isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mine is nothing fancy but it works and pulls nice.
Here is one taken a couple of weeks ago.

Hey J D, you should send me some pics of that trip, looks awsome...i'm sure you had a blast !

Take care my friend !

·
Registered
634 Posts
Still towing an N.Z. made original.

I am currently still towing an original N.Z. made Uni-Go trailer behind my 9, with a new hitch created for it, by my own company. * We are currently modifying the hitch shown, to allow for up to those running the Dunlop 250 tire with 2" lowering bones.

In moving to a CNC bent chassis with lazer cut frontplate sections, a brand new cast swingarm, new suspension and a range of other improvements, I'm sorry to say that we have still not completed the M109R Custom trailer we are striving to make a reality. For that, I'm sorry I have tried the patience of all of you who have been waiting for us to do so, since early last year. Still... I'm not one to give up, and I remain determined to see this project through the course.

- David
(Brisbane, Australia)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Southern man with trailer at Bluff NZ

Bought this one as a runner but needed to tune it up a bit to get it to run well.

Its been a while since I have been on this board and now I'm not sure that I have managed to insert image correctly.
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
192 Posts
109 with Trailer near mount Taranaki

This is the same trailer, she is built from Aluminium and has Motorcycle suspension. (rear shocks on trailing link fully adjustable).

You just don't feel that its there even fully loaded.
Cheers Phil

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
My set-up is very purpose built. It is a dog trailer with extra storage on the tongue box. It was built being budget conscious and knowing exactly what the purpose was.

My build thread is HERE

Final pics:

Wow, that is a lot of storage. The power of the 9 should be more then enough. It is more of the suspention load and making sure that the brakes are strong enough is the real question. Loading it light should not be an issue, but the real question would be how much can you truely tow behind a 9 considering every factor.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Wow, that is a lot of storage. The power of the 9 should be more then enough. It is more of the suspention load and making sure that the brakes are strong enough is the real question. Loading it light should not be an issue, but the real question would be how much can you truely tow behind a 9 considering every factor.
Brakes are definitely the biggest factor for me. Being able to stop within an acceptable distance is more important then kicking the fuel mileage a bit. There is enough room there to hold everything for a weekend of camping.

·
Registered
54 Posts
KC Cruiser, what was sticking out of your trailer Sunday?? I tried to flag you down, but you didn't see me. What exhaust mod have you done? Sounded good when you left the stop light.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Well as you can see people do! I would have thought it has enough TORQ!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
KC Cruiser, what was sticking out of your trailer Sunday?? I tried to flag you down, but you didn't see me. What exhaust mod have you done? Sounded good when you left the stop light.
Believe it or not - (4) steel posts/wall braces about 125 lbs or so. I go up to Amazonia almost every Sunday for breakfast at the VFW, my cousin has a welding shop there. Couldn't tell the trailer was back there - follows you through the twisties as fast as you want to go - no drag, sway nothing. Best trailer I've ever pulled.

V & H Big Shots on the pipes

Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts