M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making some progress. Have the tires and new galfer pads happening next week. Then I will remove the 14 year old brake fluid from the lines. Also have a plan to be rid of those damned floorbards!

Next thing I really need is a windshield. The batwings look good, BUT...

I've been spending entirely too much time online, trying to learn. Yesterday wifiie informed mt that damn bike is more important than she is! You just can't win...

Last night I was on some site I can't even find, now. It listed all kinds of c109s for sale. I looked at the ones with batwings, then it hit me - those things must limit forward and downward vision a lot!

Will anyone chime in on this? I see lots of people read my posts, but nobody says anything... C'mon, pplz, particiate! You're not here just to take. Or, are you?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,524 Posts
Kid, as you know there's not that many C owners on here, but a lot of M owners like me still click on the C posts and read them. Most can't contribute but read anyway.

With that being said, maybe you can use the wind shield from a C50T, or the stock shield off a C109RT. My wife's is a C50T and it came with a nice tall windshield that blocks everything. I added lowers to it and she can ride in much colder weather than I can. I personally like the wind.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kid, as you know there's not that many C owners on here, but a lot of M owners like me still click on the C posts and read them. Most can't contribute but read anyway.

With that being said, maybe you can use the wind shield from a C50T, or the stock shield off a C109RT. My wife's is a C50T and it came with a nice tall windshield that blocks everything. I added lowers to it and she can ride in much colder weather than I can. I personally like the wind.
A suzuki shield would be giga-bucks, like everything else they have. AKA 640.00!

My current thinking is I will just get a cop bike type shield. I like the wind too - just not all day long. I don't spend much time riding in town. Been run over twice by idiots with their noses in their phones... So my C and I head out along the country roads.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I put a bat wing on mine 6 yrs ago, works well, got it from China...(didn't realize it until it was in process)should have done more research. But 8 weeks later it got here. Pros, it works well, blocks wind, water proof stereo, etc. Slows the bike down from wind resistance of which you only notice during "spirited driving". $900.00:oops: Right now just running a vstream wind shield. Faster...hahaha! One more issue, looks like all the other bikes out there from the front with the bat wing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts