M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Suzuki Volusia. I pick up my new 109 sometime during the week of May 15th.
I have never used a windscreen on my Volusia and didn't plan on one for the 9'ner either. From what I've read so far, the headlight does an amazing job of deflecting the wind. Even with the increase in speed (over the Volusia), seems to me, the headlight will do the job.

Are there any of you that used to use a windscreen, and now plan to ride without, given the headlight deflecting the wind.
I'm wondering how many 9'ners will have windscreens on them, compared to other cruisers, given the aerodynamics of the headlight.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I do when they make the one available that was on the show bike. I am Six five and like a little more wind protection.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Coming from a sportbike I'm not too bothered by the wind on the 109. I might add one later but I wear a full face helmet and don't mind the wind up to 85 mph. I'm 6'2" if it matters.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I am HOPING the Suzi windscreen will be removable like the V-Rod ones are (5 seconds, no tools required). If so, I will definitely get one for long highway runs, and leave it off for local jaunts.

G

·
I'd like to have one,,for long trips.....but the normal around town,,,Spoils the look (IMHO)....but would be cool to have a quick on and off ,,for that long haul..same with the bags... :D

G

·
I am not a big user of windshields but today I rode about 100 miles at high speed and the big dragonflies were out. They felt like somebody punching my chest when they hit. Took one right in the middle of the full face helmet. Can only wonder what would have happened without the shield to protect me.

So I guess what I am sa ing is that my full-face helmet is my windshield.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes I have reviewed the posts on this website and emailed several owners re: their windscreen posts. Saturday (5/13/06) I attended Mission Motorsports open house and had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kato, President of Suzuki Motorcycles...yes the Man himself. He indicated that Suzuki is currently designing 2 windscreens for the M109R and requested that I take a picture with him next to my M109R. I will post a picture of the two of us assuming Andy, the Suzuki So. Cal General Manager,  emails it to me.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
no windscreen, no bags for me. in fact, i took the 2 up foot pegs off tonight.

should put polls on these kinds of posts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
bolinrj said:
I do when they make the one available that was on the show bike. I am Six five and like a little more wind protection.
Does anyone have a pic of this wind screen? I want a small tinted one for highway use (i.e. to and from work - 45 miles each way). But for around town, I'm fine without having one.

·
Registered
849 Posts
When I'm planning High speed trips, I put on the Spitfire to cut down having to scrape the bugs off my full-face shield. If I'm expecting general back-road speeds under 75 or so, the shield is off, as it is for urban work.
Jerbear

It takes about 15 seconds to pull it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Canuck,

All I can say is, coming from a C-50 myself, be ready for some real fun. The difference is night and day! As far as the windshield goes, I had one on the 50 and am considering one on the 109. Not for anything else but to keep the bugs out of my mouth.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Someone on the board just mentioned that they met with the president of Suzuki who informed him that Suzuki will be coming out with two windshields this summer. Think I'll wait and see what the Zuki Engineers/Designers have dreamt up. If the windshields are as classy as the bike maybe it'll be worth the wait.
Hope Suzuki keeps the price within reason.......Honda went crazy with the windshield for the 1800 VTX/C. If I recall it was $560.00 and wasn't even a "quick mount".

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
NO NO NO this is not the right version for a winshield. Use a full face helmet and you won't feel a thing. I have a windvest that I set in place just to see how it would look and it just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
small, sporty, quick release... = yes I would but I have not seen anything yet
I want something really small to add just a little protection like the first pic below.
It is for a BMW R1150R I believe. I would love to find something small like this that matched
the angles of the light cover....
The second pic was posted long ago (look at the early pics on Frapper they includes pics of both sets of bags) of a windshield that was
on a bike at some show... The pic also shows their upcomiong lightbar

If it were this smaal and sporty... I might not need a quick disco...

This has the Suzuki windshield and light bar

1 - 20 of 38 Posts