M109 Rider Forums banner

Do you like loud pipes?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I dislike loud pipes on a V-twin, seems kinda inconsiderate of others, I have had some Harley's blast by my house at 2 am, that is not cool.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes I love loud pipes. As far as my neighbors go, well I work swing shift and get woke up by their teen aged boys thumping car stereo when I'm sleeping during the day. So I'm not to worried about going past the house with loud pipes.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I heard the loudest pipes I ever heard in my life...I've been around bikes for years....it was insane...my eardrums went into shock..it was sooooo loud.
I don't see how the rider even enjoys his bike....I swear when he took off , I heard him 2 miles down the road.
This was 1 week ago....I'm still having nightmares. :eek:

G

·
First off, I respect ALL opinions..its like helmets. I wear one, I don't expect u 2.

Pipes: Nothing is more annoying than being at the park and enjoying the outdoors and a local chapter of goobers have to do their ride through constantly revving their motors and making sure everyone 20 miles away can hear them. This is just one example of many (like trying to sleep... if you don't have a big front yard and you have disrespectful bikers late at night)

I wish they would make semi loud decent performing pipes and I think this would be an easier transition but anyway.

Quiet pipes save hearing. Loud pipes save lives? ...hmmm dunno about that

·
Registered
210 Posts
IMHO there is nothing that sounds better than the stock 109 exhaust. Don't like loud Harley sounding pipes, but if that's what you want, go for it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
629 Posts
J R said:
I like middle of the road.I think the stockers are to quiet but I dont want somthing to loud either kinda just midlde of the road for me.I like it to sound pretty stock when just cruising at steady speed but when ya give it gas and wanna make a little noise I like pipes to make a little noise when you running the bike hard thru the gears.Hard for me to vote on this one.I do like them loud for sure as long as they sound good when giving it gas but when i just wana cruise or ease in my neigborhood at night i wanna be able to kinda slip in and out without waking people up :doorag:
+1

·
Registered
277 Posts
J R said:
I like middle of the road.I think the stockers are to quiet but I dont want somthing to loud either kinda just midlde of the road for me.I like it to sound pretty stock when just cruising at steady speed but when ya give it gas and wanna make a little noise I like pipes to make a little noise when you running the bike hard thru the gears.Hard for me to vote on this one.I do like them loud for sure as long as they sound good when giving it gas but when i just wana cruise or ease in my neigborhood at night i wanna be able to kinda slip in and out without waking people up :doorag:
Gotta go with J R on this one!!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I LOVE THE DEEP RUMBLE OF REAL HORSEPOWER - BUT CAN'T STAND THOSE
HARLEY'S AND OTHER BIKES THAT ARE SO LOUD, AND YOU CAN TELL THEY
DON'T MAKE MUCH HORSEPOWER, THEY SHIFT 4 TIME IN 50 YARDS AND
THE BIKE IS ONLY GOING 50 MPH AFTER ALL THAT F$^%$#%KN NOISE
LET THE PERFORMANCE PROVE YOUR BIKES ABILITY, NOT NOISE..

GODZUKI

·
Registered
443 Posts
JR said it right! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
No Hate them - noise adds to fatigue - why add to it on long trips with more noise from loud pipes? - refuse to ride in a group behind loud pipes. JMO! :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
JMAC said:
YES.........Loud pipes save lives! :bigthumbsup:
This is BS, where is your proof or stats that proves this? Why is that so many who jump on the "loud pipes save lives" are same knuckle heads you see riding without helmuts or just a salad bowl on their head.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I posted this on July 28th:

"Super-loud pipes have their place... on a dragstrip. I live about 15 miles from Bandimere Speedway. During the Mile-High Nationals we can hear the cars from here if we step outside. It sounds kinda cool, reverberating off the hill behind the speedway. By the time the sound gets here, it's like a short, muffled burst of thunder :bigthumbsup: But when I'm sitting in my recliner watching t.v. and I can't hear it because the neighbor just fired up his bike and likes to test the throttle 15 or 20 times (for what, I have no idea ::) ), it makes me want to go shove a couple shovel handles in his exhaust and my foot up his @ss. One guy in my condo complex is about to get his tit in a ringer with the :cop: because he can't seem to wrap his head around the fact that no one else wants to hear his bike for 10 minutes before he decides to finally leave.

It's the same in my truck. It stays pretty nice around here in the summer and a lot of folks like to drive with their windows down. I shouldn't have to drive with my knee while I plug my ears when a bike goes by. I like the sound of a well-tuned engine with a modified exhaust as much as the next guy, but if it's gonna rattle my brain and elicit a response akin to someone coming up and slapping me for no reason, then it's out of hand.

Let the hating and "loud pipes save lives" begin :verymad:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts