M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'm gonna have to take the beast in for an idle speed adjustment. I heard many horror stories about pi$$ poor Suzuki service depts, and I'd like to make sure I don't end up taking my bike to one. Willy World is the only Suzuki dealership I know of in the area, but I've heard their service dept sucks. Are there any good ones around here?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Schaumburg suzuki was pretty decent. They did my first service and I got a bunch of other stuff from them... kind of a hike from joliet though.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I haven't dealt with them much, but DGY on Ogden in Downers Grove is supposed to have a pretty good rep - however, most of what I've heard about them is sales, not really shop work...

Not sure if that's close enough to Joliet for ya?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm going to Fox Valley Cycles tomorrow afternoon to get my 250 put on, I'll let you know how it goes. As for price, Willy World quoted me $125 with tire on bike vs. $57 at Fox Valley. Both were $40 with tire off (too busy to take off myself with flying schedule). Even if Willy World is 15 minutes closer, they always are way overpriced, won't come close to other quote, and are condescending to everyone. I'll only go there if I'm in a big pinch....

·
Registered
288 Posts
What's up Dino...

What brand tire did you go with? I put new rubber on middle of the riding season last year. I went with the Metz 240. I wanted to mount a 260 but the dealer talked me out of it citing clearance issues and a change to the handling.

I think it would have worked out just fine. Overall happy with the 240. Let us know how your ride changed or stayed the same.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Whats up Tony? How've you been man? We need to get a crew together and go put some rubber down on the road....

I went with the Dunlop E3 250....I'll let you know how it turns out man. I'm plannin on riding down to Louisville for the Derby in 2 weekends for my cousin's bachelor party if the weather looks good.....

Lets ride soon, bud.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dino, you're gonna like the extra width of the 250. It's actually quite a bit wider than the 240. You wouldn't think 10mm would look much different, but it actually does. You should bring Tony along with you if we ride today.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just had a bunch of work done at dgy mostly mods, and very happy with them!
I originally was going to do the work at willy world, where i bought the bike in 08, but after they gave my brother the run around, whom was going to purchase a bike from them, we took all of our business to dgy. They lost out on a suzuki burgman sale about $6800 and about $2500 mods for my 9. I gave them the chance but I guess willy world doesn't appreciate repeat business or customer loyalty..... on the other hand dgy worked out great. I called them and made the deal for my brothers bike over the phone, they took care of me on pricing for all of my mods and installation fees and above all they were men of their word and delivered everything as promised over the phone to me.
Talk to Tim the owner for sales, john, chad or george for parts, and brett and clark in service. By the way i was shocked to see clark at dgy. Apparently willy world laid him off after 13 years and he was hired by dgy, I remembered him because he serviced my bike at 600 miles at willy world and was a great guy.They are also going to be open on Sunday for the summer if that helps. Tell them Dino sent you from Mr. Beef and Gyros in Oswego with the orange 9!!!

For my 9:
Installed hardkrome sideburner exhaust, power comander 3, replace driver pegs with rivco mini floor boards, passenger floor boards by rivco, highway pegs by rivco, rear break caliper cover by kury and breakway cruise control installed for numbness in right hand....

I hope this helps.....

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like I have a place I can trust for maintenance now. Maybe I'll take a day off and take it in to get the throttle bodies synced....

·
Registered
602 Posts
Are you serious? Getting just about anyone in this area to go riding is like pulling teeth! :dontknow:
Dang grampi... ya act like we all just bought the bikes to stare at them. I've been putting miles on the bike at a pretty good pace this year, but 99% of the time I ride solo, because it's easier for me to only schedule around me and me only. As soon as you add more guys to the mix, scheduling will immediately become an issue, because we all also have lives that may not revolve around the same schedule. Sorry if you don't like it, but it's kinda a fact of life.

The key to riding WITH other people isn't generally the "spur-of-the-moment" type of ride though, it's an organized thing.

SO, might I suggest...

Instead of putting forth a comment that's mildly insulting to other guys who ride in the Joliet/Chicagoland area... if you want to ride WITH people, then put your money where your mouth is and set up a ride and invite people!!! (shocking concept, I know :eek: )

All ya really need is a date, time, location to meet, and an idea of how long you intend to ride (so people know if they can set aside the hours). Doesn't hurt to set up some "ground rules" before you depart either... (if we get split up, do this/meet here, and exchange some phone numbers... etc.)

If you feel like going the next step, put together an itinerary and a map/route of where you'd like to go, and if you plan on stopping somewhere (say, for lunch), call ahead and make sure the place is prepared for you. (this part's not as necessary, but some guys prefer structured rides)

Here's some inspirational movie quotes for you as you try it:
"This is your mission, should you choose to accept it."
"The force is with you my son!!!"
"If you build it, they will come."

BTW... grampi, don't get me wrong here, I'm not digging at you really and have no hard feelings... but c'mon man, you gotta have some respect and understanding for people's lives and schedules. Just because you have the time to ride "now" doesn't necessarily mean that someone else whom you may or may not have ever met - since this IS the internet - has that same free time to ride "now".

P.S. If you set up a ride, I'll do everything I can to attend so you can all ogle the B-King. :joke:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Dang grampi... ya act like we all just bought the bikes to stare at them. I've been putting miles on the bike at a pretty good pace this year, but 99% of the time I ride solo, because it's easier for me to only schedule around me and me only. As soon as you add more guys to the mix, scheduling will immediately become an issue, because we all also have lives that may not revolve around the same schedule. Sorry if you don't like it, but it's kinda a fact of life.

The key to riding WITH other people isn't generally the "spur-of-the-moment" type of ride though, it's an organized thing.

SO, might I suggest...

Instead of putting forth a comment that's mildly insulting to other guys who ride in the Joliet/Chicagoland area... if you want to ride WITH people, then put your money where your mouth is and set up a ride and invite people!!! (shocking concept, I know :eek: )

All ya really need is a date, time, location to meet, and an idea of how long you intend to ride (so people know if they can set aside the hours). Doesn't hurt to set up some "ground rules" before you depart either... (if we get split up, do this/meet here, and exchange some phone numbers... etc.)

If you feel like going the next step, put together an itinerary and a map/route of where you'd like to go, and if you plan on stopping somewhere (say, for lunch), call ahead and make sure the place is prepared for you. (this part's not as necessary, but some guys prefer structured rides)

Here's some inspirational movie quotes for you as you try it:
"This is your mission, should you choose to accept it."
"The force is with you my son!!!"
"If you build it, they will come."

BTW... grampi, don't get me wrong here, I'm not digging at you really and have no hard feelings... but c'mon man, you gotta have some respect and understanding for people's lives and schedules. Just because you have the time to ride "now" doesn't necessarily mean that someone else whom you may or may not have ever met - since this IS the internet - has that same free time to ride "now".

P.S. If you set up a ride, I'll do everything I can to attend so you can all ogle the B-King. :joke:
Yeah, I guess my last post was kind of a "dig" (it was in jest), but I'm finding out it's extremely difficult to get people to ride, and I know it's not because they don't want to. Everyone has busy schedules and I realize it's tough to get away for even an evening sometimes.

I send most the people in this area PMs in hopes of finding people to ride with, but it's tough. There are already structured events during the week (there's one in Downer's grove every Monday and Wednesday nights), but I'm having a hard time finding people to participate in that. I'm also gone on the weekends, so that's not an option either. I guess all I can do is keep trying and hope that more people are able to find more riding time.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I contacted the service dept at DGY and they gave me an estimate of $80 for doing my throttle body sync procedure. That's not bad and I'll probably take it in sometime over the next couple of weeks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts