M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an affordable throttle lock that works good on the nine. the customer reviews for the one at dlp don't seem promising. if you have one that you like I would love to hear about it. thanks!

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
breakaway cruise......... speedy but worth it.... the one above if you do it BE CARFUL and check the clearance with the tank when the bars are all the way to one side or the other....... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
My only issue with the DLP break away lock is the price.

At $200, your almost at the $300 price of a real cruise control unit.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I got mine at your local Suzuki stealer. cheep but works good. Just slides over the throttle with a thumb lock. I adjusted it so you can slide the throttle up or down. I've had this one for three years anyway...Needs a little paint. The chrome pealed off. I'll see if i can take some pic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Less than $2 cruise control

Its been awhile since I bought this washer from Lowes, but I know it was less than $2. As you can see I still have the stock grips, so I'm not sure if it will work with an after market set. How it works - It fits snugly in between the grip and the switch housing, causing it to hold the throttle in whatever position you leave it at. To release it, you just rotate the throttle back and roll it back out onto the handle. Pretty simple. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,140 Posts
I have the Lamonster throttle lock on mine and it works great. I've had it on for the last couple years, and it works with any kind of grip you put on it. Easy to use and practically free, so it fits my needs and budget. :D

I like it because you can not only lock the throttle, you can just add a little tension to it. That makes it easier to hold the throttle in position but still lets it return to idle if needed.

·
Registered
547 Posts
BreakAway works well. Yes it is expensive, but it works great and looks nice too. Catch them on Ebay or buy the one here for $140.00.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
If you really want one just look around they can be found... I got mine for $160... but yea still speedy, but very very good quality!
:agree:I got mine for $160. Quality is awesome, looks like it belongs. Looks good on ISO grips too.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
:agree:I got mine for $160. Quality is awesome, looks like it belongs. Looks good on ISO grips too.
Where are you guys finding these for $160:eek::eek::eek:

NEED MORE POWER...Hyperpete had invented something cheap and easy (Just the way I like it:drool:) for a throttle lock. You might look at his threads or shoot him a PM.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I have one for sale for $140 shiped SOLD~when paid
If it doesn't work out let me know...I scrape some money up somewhere...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Just do a search for "breakaway cruise control" on the internet (I used yahoo) and you'll find quite a few places. I priced it at cruisercustomizing.com but see that the price is up to 177.00 now. Still better than 199.00. I had a local dealer that had the part in stock, match the price.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Just do a search for "breakaway cruise control" on the internet (I used yahoo) and you'll find quite a few places. I priced it at cruisercustomizing.com but see that the price is up to 177.00 now. Still better than 199.00. I had a local dealer that had the part in stock, match the price.
That's what I did a couple months ago when I was going to buy one but all I found was $199+. Maybe prices are finally starting to fall. :D Thanks.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
catepillar cruise

http://www.thestevensons.org/node/view/718

doesnt get turned on/off. if its on the bike you have to roll the throttle off manually.
for ISO grips is 1.75" ID x 3/16" thickness

49 cents.

instead of the ring being on the end of the grips with the m90/109 its goes all the way to the left of the grip where a normal cruiser control would go..
adding pics

oring

oring in idle posistion

oring full throttle

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,917 Posts
Here's another throttle lock you can make, and this one disengages when you hit the front brake:

Post #1,
Post #2, and
Post #36

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,140 Posts
Here's another throttle lock you can make, and this one disengages when you hit the front brake:

Post #1,
Post #2, and
Post #36
I made one of those using your pattern and it did work great if you have something like ISO grips. You need the flange between the grip and housing for it to press into, same as the o-ring pictured above.

But... my new grips don't have a flange, they go straight into the housing. So it was back to the Lamonster throttle lock for me. It works great on my friends BMW though. :D

And maybe some year I'll get that darn Audiovox real electronic cruise control installed. I've had it for two years. :redfaced:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts