M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I can totally relate. My wife said the exact same thing. Bought my 109 the next day anyway. He's right, it does not mean what most guys would think. Nearly bought me a divorce. A month and half later and she asked me to ride her on it. She loves it now.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thats one reason why I'm happy to single :p :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I got the divorce first (March '06) THEN bought the bike (May '06) :2excited:
:hot:

Gotta have your priorities straight :D

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Bonehead said:
Thats one reason why I'm happy to single :p :bigthumbsup:
If you had a wife as great as mine....you'd be happy you were married, as I am. Why just a couple days ago when I was talking about saving up and buying a new bike she said, "like hell, we're buying me a new one first." :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I can totally relate. My wife said the exact same thing. Bought my 109 the next day anyway. He's right, it does not mean what most guys would think. Nearly bought me a divorce. A month and half later and she asked me to ride her on it. She loves it now.
Take her for a ride or RIDE HER ON IT?? :eek:

Hope the tank isn't too scratched up!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
That's pretty funny. I bought my first bike when my ex-wife was in the Phillipines. Long story but I got back at her by buying it while she was gone. Since then I've had 10 bikes. LOL!

Check out this Acrobat file of an EBay ad from a while back. Frikking hilarious!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Before I made the switch to IT/telecom, while in the studying phase I kept telling my wife i was going to quit my job if they did not pay me my tuition re embursement!! She would always say go for it, or do what you want/need...
I must have told her that 20 times leading up to the BIG REGIONAL MEETING!!
I quit at the meeting!

When I got home my Wife hit the ROOF!

It all worked out for the better, just like the 109

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
BlackCherry said:
That's pretty funny. I bought my first bike when my ex-wife was in the Phillipines. Long story but I got back at her by buying it while she was gone. Since then I've had 10 bikes. LOL!

Check out this Acrobat file of an EBay ad from a while back. Frikking hilarious!
FRIKKING HILARIOUS!!! LAUGHING OUT LOUD AT WORK!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
BlackCherry said:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Poor bastard!

My wife was with me when I looked at the 109 for about the fifth time and she said

"why don't you buy it"

Will never forget those words. ;) ;)

·
Registered
890 Posts
COZ375 said:
Poor bastard!

My wife was with me when I looked at the 109 for about the fifth time and she said

"why don't you buy it"

Will never forget those words. ;) ;)
I can relate...my wife told me that when I bought my first bike, an 800 Intruder...she was always supportive like that. She's since passed away from a long illness, but she told me to go out there and live life. The M is my first BIG all for pleasure indulgence...and her words rang in my ears as I plopped down the check! Gotta feel for that poor guy, maybe he's getting rid of the wrong model ;)

Ride Safe...Ride Far...Ride Like the Devil

Devilish

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris Rock does a nice bit about why you never argue with a woman. And I believe every word that he says.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I must be really lucky, my wife encouraged me to get a 109. Now that I think about it, she didn't encourage me to even look at any other bike besides the 109. Lucky me! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Black Cherry,
That is hilarious. Best E-bay ad I have ever read. He should have gotten $1000 for that helmet just for the story. :p :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts