M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
question: can u remove the hubs&fit the 300 too a

dlp swinging arm!without removing the shaft!
no you can not the easest way to do this is after you install the new swing arm get the 300 in the swing arm the pull off your secondary drive houseing off put the hub back on get the 300 up into place and the axle back in and get that part all done then you can simpoly slid the u joint on to the shaft and then reinstall the secondary houseing back on and your done the secondary houseing is held on by 4 bolts and it aso holds your speed sensor!! this sounds ALOT more difacolt then it actualy is but it is the best way to do this by along ways Good luck Bro you will LOVE how that 300 looks when your done!!!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I recently remounted my rear and had planned to remove the housing as suggested earlier, but then I thought of a new plan.

I removed that axle bolt for the swingarm. mounted the wheel and the hub to the swingarm, pulled the U joint from the housing and put it on the drive shaft and then I had the other end of the U joint to maneuver back into the housing as I moved the swingarm back into place to line up the axle bolt.

Worked like a charm.

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
I recently remounted my rear and had planned to remove the housing as suggested earlier, but then I thought of a new plan.

I removed that axle bolt for the swingarm. mounted the wheel and the hub to the swingarm, pulled the U joint from the housing and put it on the drive shaft and then I had the other end of the U joint to maneuver back into the housing as I moved the swingarm back into place to line up the axle bolt.

Worked like a charm.
A few local guys have been doing it this way and they say it works out well also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks for the info:

so to take the wheel out ! (say a punchure) u must remove the shaft with wheel!then once the wheel&shafts out u then remove the wheel

how long does this take,i ask this because last week i had a punchure on my

280 10" wheel !so if i got a dlp swinging arm &300 how much xtra time too get that shaft&wheel of!

thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts