M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a seller. Sold me a Tre they did not have, and I have been waiting on since last Wednesday. It's my fault I was not patient enough, they said. I was ready to reach through the screen and choke a bitc h. Course I find all this out AFTER I emailed them since they never said a word anywhere or on email. Running it up the chain with Ivan's too, since it was an Ivan's TRE.

If they would have used the word "sorry" even once or offered to rectify by reducing the price, I would have let it slide. Once they start trying to cancel transactions and accusing me, then it's on brah!

As David Banner (Hulk). "Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I am angry."

Later fellas!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
did you check his feedback before you bought it?? it seems like every body is having issues getting these things. looks like Gi-Pro is a better option; because they are available.

i hope that you get it resolved.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you check his feedback before you bought it?? it seems like every body is having issues getting these things. looks like Gi-Pro is a better option; because they are available.

i hope that you get it resolved.
Good feedback, of course. But no mention the listing of wait times, or even a courtesy email, like hey sorry bud. Indignant about it all, that's what sent me over, then them telling eBay they do not want to deal with me. Why, because I called em out on their deceptive selling?

Yeah, the GiPro is both expensive and unnecessary for me, I can tell by the r's what gear I am in 90% of the time, unless putting around. Just don't want to run any wires, want to plug n go!

:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good feedback, of course. But no mention the listing of wait times, or even a courtesy email, like hey sorry bud. Indignant about it all, that's what sent me over, then them telling eBay they do not want to deal with me. Why, because I called em out on their deceptive selling?

Yeah, the GiPro is both expensive and unnecessary for me, I can tell by the r's what gear I am in 90% of the time, unless putting around. Just don't want to run any wires, want to plug n go!

:D
Ordering from Darrin at TrackDay, hope all goes well! Price is better too!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Out of the last 50 tre's he sold every one left great feedback, I would have bought from him also. I hope you get it worked out

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Sorry for the newb question, but what is a TRE?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Timing Retard Eliminator, just get one. Trust us. Timing retard is the kinda stuff they put in Gixxers to keep them from wheelie-ing over. This removes it.
LOL how much are they and where do you get them from?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So, I spoke to Ivan's, and this Rocket Motorsports is a Tier 2, meaning they buy from Ivan's distributor. Ivan's does not want any negative to go with their product, since it reflects on them. They said they had never heard of these guys. They're gonna take it from here. I told them i had canvassed the boards about the seller, and they can't have that. I told her it was not on them, but that's all this place sells is Ivan's stuff!!

I just want you guys to know I did everything in my power to try and get this seller straight, and they accused me of being impatient. Horsesh*t. You just don't sell stuff you don't have, you inform the prospective buyers before the sale. Guess they thought they might slide this one by.

It may never happen again, but what I can tell you is this, they as a Seller did nothing but make excuses and piss me off, especially when they acted so indignant about me being upset that they were not doing their jobs or putting the customer first. I will post some of the text for you guys to read, if you're interested. Not once was the word "sorry" used, or did they try to make it right, short of a backhanded sentence calling me impatient and refunding my money.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Timing Retard Eliminator, just get one. Trust us. Timing retard is the kinda stuff they put in Gixxers to keep them from wheelie-ing over. This removes it.
Ivan's Performance Products (directly!), TrackDayElectronics.com(great price), healtech electronics, and I am sure a few others I cannot think of at the moment. TrackDay has 'em for $32.95 shipped.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Ivan's Performance Products (directly!), TrackDayElectronics.com(great price), healtech electronics, and I am sure a few others I cannot think of at the moment. TrackDay has 'em for $32.95 shipped.
Looks like 94.00 to me. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Horsesh*t. You just don't sell stuff you don't have, you inform the prospective buyers before the sale.

Why not? DLP does it all the time!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
The use and expectations of any TRE should be thoroughly researched for 109 owners. There have been multiple problems with excessive "pinging" and unit failures even though when they work properly on certain bikes, they really make a difference. Because of the low price it's always what new owners invest in and I myself have had one since day one. It never failed but always "pinged" , regardless of gas used or spark plug heat range installed. I disconnected it about 1000 miles ago,I have around 18,000 miles, so if it was a serious detonation problem the motor would have been gone long ago...none the less it always bothered me since the nine motor has more then enough "noise' coming from it. I found with my other tuning mods, the low speed "twitchyness" and surging was long gone anyway and the motorcycle runs like it should have out of the box. TRE's may work perfectly on sportbikes but they have been far from that on our big heavy cruisers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts