M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys. I ordered the full cut seat from Oneida. The seat I received is not the full cut seat and I have verified this with my dealer! I have also mounted the seat and measured and there is zero difference. Since everyone will read this and then ask me if I am sure it's not the full cut seat I will repeat that.

The seat I received is not the full cut seat and I have verified this with my dealer! I have also mounted the seat and measured and there is zero difference.

I called Oneida and they advised me there are no returns on seats. I told them it was the wrong seat and asked if they would go look and verify for me. They told me that both seats are exactly the same and they refused to even look at the seats for me. They were so unfriendly and unwilling to even look.

If you order this seat from them it will cost you $20 less than ordering it from your dealer (cost me $38 for standard shipping), however they will tell you that the seats are exactly the same and to go pound sand.

These guys wouldn't even go compare the 2 seats for me.

If you buy the seat from Onieda and get the wrong thing you are screwed!!!!

I know that some of you have ordered the seat and have received the correct seat. However if you receive the wrong seat you are stuck with it.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Since I don't really need the additional leg room, are you looking to sell the one you got? Does it include the passenger seat also? My wife's rear gets sore on any ride past 40 miles. ::)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The passenger seat is awesome!

The seat is cool just not the right one. I disputed the charge with my credit card company because these guys suck so bad. If the credit card company resolves the dispute I want to send the seat back to them. I don't want a refund and then to sell the seat, that would be a crappy move on my part.

So as much as I would like to sell it to you I can't.

It is much better than the stock seat though and if you aren't looking for the extended leg room you should definitely get one. Bargain with your dealer though. Don't get it from Oneida. Any company that won't even check and see if they made a mistake doesn't deserve our business.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That mini hurricane came in and messed us up.

I will tell you what I ordered though. I have a bottle for each side. Going to run a 20 nozzle on one and either a 20 or a 30 nozzle on the other. Will have a 1/2 second delay between the 2 so a 20 shot and then another 20 or 30.

Also I am still waiting on my PC. I will have some info for you with dyno charts before the week is out.

Also loved the new lawdog fight. We need to start a separate post on how to identify him in his many aliases and then report it to Lamont.

Now, not to hijack my own thread, back to the seats!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: DO NOT BUY THE FULL CUT SEAT FROM ONIEDA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just attempted to call them but their phone rolls to voice mail and you are told that no more messages can be stored. So I canceled my order via their contact option on their web site. I hate companies that don't support their customers. Best way to do that is to not use them. Since their site also has been give Suzuki Dealer awards several years running, I would also report them directly to Suzuki.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: DO NOT BUY THE FULL CUT SEAT FROM ONIEDA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick update I got a canceled order note from them. Which was fast but since my order was on back order and I sent them the email at least they respond fast. Maybe they read the bad press here??

Good luck on getting your seat resolved.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Oneida web site is run by the owners kids. Although they use the name Oneida Suzuki I believe that they are a stand alone group, completely separate from the bike dealership. I purchased my 109 from them and had zero issues, I also bought a new helmet a month later on line and wanted to send it back because It wasn't what I thought it was and was told that it too could not be returned.

I believe that the on-line site for part and accessories is nothing more than a network of dealers/suppliers that Oneida has tapped into for parts to sell to the public. Having almost zero overhead because nothing is stocked and everything is dropped ship prevents them from returning goods that are purchased via the web site. Their prices are very good but you better be sure that what you buy is what you really want.

Do your home work guy's or buy else where.

Wacky

·
Registered
664 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! :bigthumbsup:
I just canceled my seat order from them... (still getting my manuals there...)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I ordered the pipes for my Volusia through them a couple of years ago and the transaction went perfectly, but I had no need to return anything. It seems that is where the hitch is.

If you can't do anything else, and don't really want the seat, you can always recover most of your money by selling it to someone here, or recover pretty much all of your money by selling it on eBay since parts for the 109 are scarce on eBay still. (Oneida does sell the seats through eBay, too).

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the support guys.

I will get my money back through my credit card dispute process and then return the seat to Oneida.

If it was the right piece of equipment I would understand and honor the no return policy.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I sent oneida a help message related to this post. I clipped this column and said "based on this link will i receive the correct seat?"

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They will tell you that I recieved the right seat and don't know what I am talking about.

Heads up.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

jamiesM109R said:
I sent oneida a help message related to this post. I clipped this column and said "based on this link will i receive the correct seat?"
No offense, but how the heck they gonna know if they won't go check? :verymad: This isn't the way to get more customers for certain.

Hope everything works out for you just the same though! 8) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I just ordered my plain full cut gel seat from my local dealer (they give me 10% off) and paid $193 for it total.... and if its not right or i don;t like it they will take it back....
I would suggest working with your local stealers for this one....

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Moonbaby said:
I just ordered my plain full cut gel seat from my local dealer (they give me 10% off) and paid $193 for it total.... and if its not right or i don;t like it they will take it back....
I would suggest working with your local stealers for this one....
Amen Brother!!

G

·

I see roughly about $1,000 in lost business already. It is true, a bad word travels faster than a good one. Hey Oneida, if you are listening, I would wake up and start dealing with your clients while you still have some. When I had problems with my seat I did not mention the vendor, but it was Oneida and in fact I did get the right seat, but the e-mails I got from them were horrible. Rude, and totally callous. Hope all works out for you L-Train.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts