M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have started to do some minor mods to my bike but a couple of things i would like to know were i live here in the u.k. the roads are quite bendy and nice country roads i dont get much chance to go on a motorway[Highway] it is mainly twisting up and down hills and very ocassionally do i get the chance to open her up would a fuel processor and opening my air intakes be of benifit to me or my bike ??? or with this type of riding would it be a total waste of expense and time :dontknow:

·
Registered
34 Posts
depends what mods you all have done/or are planning on doing....just do a quick search on fuel management or fuel processor and you will find all the info you need.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
If you open up the air box you can see gains up to 10hp. With the fuel processor like the fi2000r you will get a lot better throttle response than you have now. I never thought that it would be any real difference but after putting on a new pipe, the fi200R and a set of my covers HOLY :edit:. It is night and day the HP and torque you can feel. I only wish I did it sooner. I love riding the twisties as well. The corner to corner response is worth it.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
do you need to do pipes and intakes? the answer is defantly NO you do not need to do these mods or any others. when i do mods to my 9 it is for the looks of my 9 what I want it to lokk like as for proformance I don`t worry about that , for me it how it looks this bike has all the power I want so it is strictly a personal choice in my opinionmake it yours Bro and enjoy the ride!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
theoretically no mods are needed to have a nice 9. Most people do the mods just "because". For example, I bought a Hayabusa already the fastest production bike on earth with the most horse power stock from the factory and added a turbo charger. Did I need it NO, did I like it HELL YEAH. :p I used it mostly for cruising on the weekend and transportation to work.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
IMHO, the type of riding you do is where you notice it the most. We have a lot of curving and twisting roads here, and powering between turns is one of the fun parts. Just cruising on level roads you seldom have the opportunity to use what the bike already has, let alone more.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
If you are happy with the performance of her the way she sits, then leave it alone.

Don't do a Modification Others Demand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts