M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend needed some quick money. So he is delivering this to me on Friday.

Now I have to see if I can flip it quick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think there is a patron saint for Harley's yet. You could be the first Hal :joke: Saint Hal.............hmmmm Has a nice ring to it. Seriously. Nice thing you did. Nice bike too. I am sure you will have no problem selling it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hal, for a bagger, the street glide is about the best one. I was looking at them before learning about and buying the 109.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And it comes with 3 or 4 of every accessory known to exist plus all of the take off stuff. E-bay here I come.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The funniest thing about this is that when he was telling about all the stuff it had he said it came with the big 140 rear tire. LOL.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HalGreenlee said:
The funniest thing about this is that when he was telling about all the stuff it had he said it came with the big 140 rear tire. LOL.
hahahaha..... that made my night.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
You remember when I flew out to CA and bought my buddys Valkyrie IS for 12K and then drove it back to TN and sold it 2 months later for 10K? I want to know how you get people to deliver your stuff to you and how do you make money on it when you're done. :dontknow: I belong to the "buy high, sell low and make it up in volume" crowd. :redfaced:

Make sure you put some miles on it before you sell it. 8)

·
Registered
145 Posts
The high point on Harleys is that they keep their value no matter what, most likely Hal is going to get more money for that bike than what we pay for a New M109R. As an example, friend of mine just sold a `95 Dyna with a salvage title for $10,000. Just look for wrecked Harleys for sale and you`ll see that people ask for and get more money for them than what you pay for a perfectly running and fairly new "metric". I don`t understand it, but that`s how it goes.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
J R said:
Man Hal your a pretty nice guy I wish every time I wanted to sell somthing I had a buddy like you to handle all the morons ya have to deal with when selling stuff..Cool deal you doing that for a freind.I HATE selling crap and listning to peoples woo,s and woes and can they make payments and all that crap or they gotta go to the bank and get a loan crap ::)
Try doing it for a living. :( Career change, here I come! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice and looks clean from the small pic we can see. I like it Hal. It will sell easily. I would sell within a week up here priced right. Everyone rides Harleys here and nice, clean used ones don't last, even at Harley dealers who price them a couple thousand less than new. That's not too old, it has the last generation radio with the red screen. Good Luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I rode the HD home today. The power in the low gears is about where the M109 is at 3,500 RPM. I kept waiting for more but it just wasn't there. Nice radio but I don't use one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HalGreenlee said:
Well I rode the HD home today. The power in the low gears is about where the M109 is at 3,500 RPM. I kept waiting for more but it just wasn't there. Nice radio but I don't use one.
Better start 'cause you are getting no power rush out of that engine... Might asd well be entertained... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The high point on Harleys is that they keep their value no matter what,
complete myth

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
phaed said:
complete myth
Have you priced used Harleys lately, especially the Dressers? They sell for stupid prices. Price and value are two different things. Harley prices are comprised of 60% product / 40% mystique. And when it comes to marketing that mystique, Harley is second to none. Its the ultimate Jedi mind trick. :pop:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i know what they sell for, that's part of the problem (high initial investment). harleys are claimed to hold value better, but only by percentage of total worth, not by actual cash amount lost each year. they lose around the same amount of actual cash value per year as metrics.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts