M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 1" risers in today, and would like to know if I need to move the cables before putting them on.

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Believe Big Joe said that the cables do not need to be moved for the 1" risers. However, we all know that some bikes aren't put together "EXACTLY" the same as all the others.. so be sure to do some testing after you install them to make certain you still have good clearance for the clutch, breaks and throttle cables....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
firebandit said:
Thanks Dalton, l'll put them on tomorrow morning.
Please post some pics if you can - I'm interested in the 1 inch risers. I rotated the bars upward a little today - it helped. But I think the 1 inch risers might be the perfect setup for me.
 
G

·
1 and 2" risers do not need new cables, but I believe need the cables re-routed to free up needed space. You just re-route them. 3 and 4" risers you need longer cables. (taken from an earlier post)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
firebandit said:
I just got my 1" risers in today, and would like to know if I need to move the cables before putting them on.

Tony
Tony,
We have install 2 sets here and they bolt right on with no mods.
Big Joe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
DaltonH said:
Believe Big Joe said that the cables do not need to be moved for the 1" risers. However, we all know that some bikes aren't put together "EXACTLY" the same as all the others.. so be sure to do some testing after you install them to make certain you still have good clearance for the clutch, breaks and throttle cables....
That is great advive Dalton.
Always double check every mod you do to your scoot.
I think if you make a check list of what you loosen when you take a bike apart that it will help you get everything right when you put it back togather.
Big Joe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Big Joe said:
That is great advive Dalton.
Always double check every mod you do to your scoot.
I think if you make a check list of what you loosen when you take a bike apart that it will help you get everything right when you put it back togather.
Big Joe.
I made the booboo of adjusting some stuff on one of my previous bikes that ended up making my throttle lock open when I turned to hard to the right... Was only 14 and it was a small bike, but the crash hurt just the same. Have tried not to repeat it since then cause I just don't heal the same as when I was 14... or bounce back from the trees quite as well either :eek: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed the 1" risers this morning with the handle bars lifted up a bit. I found that at full turn to the right the right cables got tight
and made the throttle stick. So I lowered the bar back down a little and it helped. Now at full right turn the throttle doesn't stick.
Now I'm going to try to install the engine guards.
'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
if it's the black 109 remember to reroute around the secret black turbo charger, same with engine guard. remember, shhhhhhhhhhhh. don't tell anyone on other colors.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top