M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some other posts about poor customer service with DLP, and I'm wondering if anyone has had resolutions with this?
I ordered some grips and a set of Suzuki engine bars during the Memorial day sale, and got my grips but the bars were back ordered (although I wasn't told this until I got my grips with the packing list in it) I emailed them wondering why I wasn't notified when I ordered them that they didn't have them in stock, and got kind of a snotty email reply. Then I asked about switching up my order to order something else instead of the bars (I was thinking gel seats however now I may have BaldyLatino make me a set) and was given a phone number to call.
I tried calling that number now 4 times and have been on hold for over 30 min. I don't have that kind of time... I emailed the person back telling them about this ordeal and it has been two days without a response.
Am I the only one that doesn't expect this sort of customer service from such a perfect websites primary sponsor???

Maybe I just wanted to vent, but don't the owners of DLP post here??
I used to hear people rave about them, lately it has been only ranting about them. Am I alone here? :dontknow:

Funniest thing is instead of answering my emails yesterday, I got a 10% coupon from them in an email. Like I want to use that!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Believe me you are not the only one. Everytime I have ordered there has been some type of issue.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Same this happen to me months ago when I my stuff as well... Dont feel bad every site seems to have this problem... Mean Cycles is even worse when I ordered my grips, took 6 more weeks to get those....

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
It does seem like the quality of service has gone down.....I have been ordering from them since 2002 (VTX). I personally have had no issues with them and have spent lots of $$$ with them. I did order some Roadhouse pipes during the Memorial Day sale and have not gotten them yet......backorder....I called Roadhouse and they confirmed it.

Also, Hal (DLP owner) has had LOTS of stuff going on in his life. He got very sick and was in and out of the hospital for months, and then his wife died not that long ago from cancer. It seems like when Hal isn't around as much, service really suffers IMHO.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've only ordered once from them and had no problems, but that was a couple of years ago. More recent customers will likely chime in soon.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ordered Twice (in the last two months) same thing has happen.

yeah i hate the way the website is, it should tell you if its on back order like any other site i use bc everytime i have order from them something is backorder, still am waiting on the jsd III i order over 3 months ago its back ordered i made one after robert mays posted a how to, but it would be nice to know if its b/o before i buy the stuff. But yeah i dont really like to shop there i thought with DLP being a sponsor of our web site they would have better prices i got the member ship to find almost 99.9% i can find it somewhere else on the net that has it IN STOCK and cheaper thats crazy you would think with the yearly fee they would be better prices just my .02

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I just got an email for DLP saying that someone (Drew?) was going to call me today. Now I just need to make up my mind whether to get BaldyLatino's seat or stick with the Suzuki Gels... GRRRRRRRRRR....:cus:
This is all assuming that he calls...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another DLP post!!!!! :eek:

PLEASE, PLEASE stop replying to my posts GeorgiaRoller. I can't look at that bike in your sig pic anymore. I'm gonna cry... You make me want to just go out to the garage and rip every piece of my bike apart and just ship it to the powdercoater.... SO SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
PLEASE, PLEASE stop replying to my posts GeorgiaRoller. I can't look at that bike in your sig pic anymore. I'm gonna cry... You make me want to just go out to the garage and rip every piece of my bike apart and just ship it to the powdercoater.... SO SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:eek: Dude I don't roll like that!!!! :joke:

J/K Thanks. There's sooooooooooooooooo many more bikes where guys have done more mods & spent more money then me on my bike and they all look awesome. I really don't think mine is that custom. But I appreciate that you like my little humble 9. :doorag:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:eek: Dude I don't roll like that!!!! :joke:

J/K Thanks. There's sooooooooooooooooo many more bikes where guys have done more mods & spent more money then me on my bike and they all look awesome. I really don't think mine is that custom. But I appreciate that you like my little humble 9. :doorag:
It's just the murdered out look that gives me strange feelings in my lower regions..... Looks so damn sporty. I'm on the fence with powdercoating my rims black. Worried its going to open a can of worms...

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I ordered a set of the suzuki engine guards on memorial day sale & was told that they are on back order for 2 weeks. so i called them 2 days ago to find out where my bars are & i was told it will be another 3 weeks.

as for Hal. he hasn't been on here since memorial day. i think he knows DLP sucks.:verymad:

·
Registered
445 Posts
i ordered over the memorial day sale also 4 items called the next morning (yeah they answered)to see if any were back-ordered yep 2 item said 2 to 3 weeks and they all came by the 16th of June. needed a left side engine guard but finally just decided to buy a set on the 21st i saw on ebay $119 shipped arrived today brand new! sometimes you just gotta look elsewhere! i think there's another set on there.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Well brotha, that's what you get for ordering from them, after reading all the complaints about their ****ty service. They will lie to you and bull**** you 'till the end.
The worst customer service I've ever had to deal with.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Never ordered there, never will. Don't have to hit me with a Mack truck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I did get a call back from them, and they did make it right. I think. We'll see. I never did get an "I'm sorry for your problems" or any sort of an apology at all. That kind of sux. :'(
I'm not about to email or pm Hal, since it sounds like he has enough problems to worry about than a stupid set of engine guards.
Thanks for all the support. Well, from most of you....:joke:

·
Registered
310 Posts
haven't dealt with them yet and after reading this don't think i will...:-\

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just wanted to clear the air and let everyone know out of fairness that DLP did make it right with me. I do not have the engine guards, but they did make it right....
Thanks for all the support guys.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts