M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted to say that i have been watching this board for a very long time. i had wanted a 9 for so long. finally i got one two weeks ago. like everyone the first thing i did was order some things to make it my own. all i can say is that i wish i would of had a better experiance with DLP. i know alot of people swear by them. but i will never be one of them.to bad too cause they carry alot of parts i wanted.. anyway needed to vent...

·
Registered
877 Posts
i just wanted to say that i have been watching this board for a very long time. i had wanted a 9 for so long. finally i got one two weeks ago. like everyone the first thing i did was order some things to make it my own. all i can say is that i wish i would of had a better experiance with DLP. i know alot of people swear by them. but i will never be one of them.to bad too cause they carry alot of parts i wanted.. anyway needed to vent...
1st off :welcome::congrats:eek:n the bike as far as DLP personally havent had n e probs only ordered couple of thing and no complaints...sorry 2 hear bout that bro guess u cant please every1...ride safe:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
:welcome:to the forum and :congrats:eek:n your 9. Sorry to hear that about your experience with DLP. .....RIDE SAFE...STAY UP....I'm sure some other members have other places for you to try...good luck

·
Registered
820 Posts
Join the club... You'll find some who swear by them, but I'd say those folks are few and far between. Yes, they are a sponsor and I'll probably get bashed for saying this, but DLP doesn't understand the definition of Customer Service and although they claim to match prices, what's the point if you can just as easily order from the business that you've actually found the lower price from?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
The 1-800 number is the trick for me , call them
it may take some time on the line , what is the rush
it is a collect call , they always fixed things for me so far ,
always , matched every prices , shipped forgotten item ,
if you are not in a rush they are alriright ,no complaints so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was the problem????
on the 29th i ordered some stuff. i recieved a conf. e-mail saying everything was good and the items would ship shortly.
never received anything else from them so this morning i called to see when i was going to receive the order. i was told the card was declined so the order was never placed even though i had received the e-mail saying it was good. all the other things i ordered went through fine. there is ten times the amount needed in that account. i woulda thought that as a business they would have contacted me if there was a problem. instead i was waiting for parts that were never shipped and had no way of knowing there was a problem. so i was upset. im better now though cause i ordered a place here in town and am supposed to have the stuff by friday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Join the club... You'll find some who swear by them, but I'd say those folks are few and far between. Yes, they are a sponsor and I'll probably get bashed for saying this, but DLP doesn't understand the definition of Customer Service and although they claim to match prices, what's the point if you can just as easily order from the business that you've actually found the lower price from?
i have a local guy i have been dealing with alot on my other bikes but he isnt able to get alot for the nine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, I happen to be one of the people who swear by them. great customer service in my experience.

I used their price match guarantee to get a fantastic price on a set of Hard Krome Dual Radius pipes. One of the pipes had a small scratch, contacted DLP and they had a replacement part out to me that same day.

Also ordered a Cycle House License plate bracket. Initially on back order (can't control that). I contacted DLP a week later and was told that they just received the parts and would be shipping them out. When it hadn't arrived in a week, I contacted them yesterday, found out UPS lost the part (again, can't fault DLP for that), and when I arrived home from work today - there was the part.

So, I've had a great experience with DLP.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Like anything else in life it's not always going to be rose pedals and sunshine. I have ordered 10's of thousands of dollars worth of parts from DLP in the 10 years I've been using them. I can say that not every order has gone as smooth as I would have liked but I always got my parts. communication and part availability could be better for sure. In the end for me DLP has the most to offer in 109 parts and CycleHouse which is owned by DLP really has some pretty cool items for this bike (300 swingarm, down under brake bracket to name just 2). Everyone needs to make their own decision on who they choose to do business with. I do use other vendors as well but I always try and keep in mind that for me once I order the parts, I get so jacked up to get them that any amount of delay or snafu seems like the end of the world. Given a chance DLP will fix most problems.

·
Radio Active Member
27,682 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum.

I have had good luck with DLP and very quick turn around time. But you need to buy from a place that you like and feel comfortable with.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
Knock on wood, but I've never had a problem with them either. They've price matched several items, always shipped stuff when I expected it to be shipped, etc. I'll keep using them as long as the service is that good.

:welcome: to the forum too, and :congrats: on the new bike.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Like anything else in life it's not always going to be rose pedals and sunshine. I have ordered 10's of thousands of dollars worth of parts from DLP in the 10 years I've been using them. I can say that not every order has gone as smooth as I would have liked but I always got my parts. communication and part availability could be better for sure. In the end for me DLP has the most to offer in 109 parts and CycleHouse which is owned by DLP really has some pretty cool items for this bike (300 swingarm, down under brake bracket to name just 2). Everyone needs to make their own decision on who they choose to do business with. I do use other vendors as well but I always try and keep in mind that for me once I order the parts, I get so jacked up to get them that any amount of delay or snafu seems like the end of the world. Given a chance DLP will fix most problems.
:agree: Well said. Harris & I have had MANY issues with orders over the years, but we still continue to order from them, mostly because of their selection and price matching.

But, it's definitely frustrating when you get the wrong item, call and speak with someone directly, get the problem sorted out (supposedly), wait longer for the correct part(s) to arrive, and it's STILL WRONG! We schedule work around their delivery promises and it screws up our plans constantly when things go wrong on almost every shipment. Seems like there is an awful lot of room for improvement. ;):bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
947 Posts
It really is hit and miss. Ordered a few things last year and the order was fine. Ordered a few things about a month ago and it was a pain in the ***. Lowering bones were on backorder, which was fine, if they'd have said something. They just shipped a bunch of stuff (like 3 different small orders - I'd just as soon waited and got them all at once) and I never heard back. Finally got around to looking and noticed lowering bones weren't in there. Sent 2 emails and didn't get a response for 2 days. Then I called and they said they would be in this week and would ship out. I called the next week, same story. Called the next week, same story. Finally when I said I wanted to cancel the order and get them somewhere else (in an email that was never replied to) they magically showed up on my door 3 days later.

So as a whole, they are just like 99% of the other internet vendors out there. Sometimes it'll go smooth as glass, other times it'll be like pulling teeth. I'll definately shop around more next time before using them.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I ordered a whole bunch of stuff over two months ago and been told numerous times,that my order is ready to be shipped out and complete. I still missing like 7-8 items. The latest was yesterday,they told me it will ship out this Friday. We'll see.
So as much as I love all the parts I'm getting,this can't be the best for a business. I would be really pissed, if it wasn't for being still early in the season.
Also,I'm not sure why they charge shipping for every single item,instead for the full order. My shipping came to $326! I mean come on!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Judging from some of the replies I must have really lucked out. I've been ordering parts from DLP for the last two years, usually when there is a sale going on. I normally order several parts at once. Often times part of the order is on backorder. So far they've always come through for me in a timely manner. (Knock on wood)

I agree with those members who insist on good customer service. Keep in mind there is no shortage in parts vendors.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i did same thing. Ordered some parts as soon as i got my 9. to start making it my own. Took a few days Longer then expected but all showed up!!!! and have to admit think the quality on all parts is good. So will definitly give them another chance. Just this time will make sure not pressed for time. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts