M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it usually take to recieve parts from DLP. I ordered a seat and other parts on may 24th. And havent seen or heard anything about them

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hit and miss with these guys lately. I waited about 2 weeks on my last order and THEN was told it was backordered. Yet they went ahead and billed my card as soon as order was placed. I wasn't happy.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
It's always good to call first so you're not disappointed; it's what gets most people in a jerk,(not calling)
They are not holding on to the part just to piss you off, it's just back ordered. That will piss you off

·
Registered
47 Posts
Everthing you order from DLP is on back order. Id like to know where they
get there stuff so i can order it from them. 8 weeks and was just told
im on back order for 4 to 8 more weeks, WTF:verymad:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Good luck man,just don't hold your breath. And even if you call to check,there is a good chance that they will lie to you. It took them 10 weeks to almost complete my order. Bunch of jerk offs,if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
now im waiting for my stuff now.:edit:

ordered a cluch cable, engine guards, gipro & bracket, vstream shield.

2 week backorder for the engine guards.:-\

·
Registered
430 Posts
For as much as I believe in giving the site sponsor first dibs at my $$ when I want something, they are lacking in the customer service department.

I ordered some stuff and most of it was on back order... Had I known they didn't have it, I wouldn't have ordered it... Now I have to wait longer to get... I wished they had an "in stock" or "back order" indicator on their site, but alas, they do not... I called and canceled the stuff they didn't have and ordered it from someplace else... But I will still give them the benefit of being the first provider, if only for hosting and sponsoring this site. They COULD do better... a call or an email would be nice to say that they don't have something available wouldn't hurt...

I'm just saying.

I do appreciate their sales and their prices are competitive...

The "if you find it cheaper someplace else" is a wash... That sorta leaves a bad taste in my mouth... but it's nice that they offer it...

and the "free shipping" is mis-leading when there is a $7.50 'handling charge' if the order is less than a certain amount... it's not really free then, is it?

But still... I love this site and I'm glad they sponsor it. I learn a lot.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,047 Posts
I usually get my stuff in 2-3 days too. Only once have I had anything placed on backorder, and it took a week.

I usually get the shipping confirmation the evening the product arrives. So it's sitting here and I haven't read the email yet. :D

·
xxx
210 Posts
It's always good to call first so you're not disappointed; it's what gets most people in a jerk,(not calling)
They are not holding on to the part just to piss you off, it's just back ordered. That will piss you off
But if you place your order by phone, you don't get the discount during a sale.

They have to update their inventory control and software. I placed an order during the most recent sale. I received an e-mail with a tracking number for one package. I check the order on their website and it still shows 'in progress' with no tracking numbers. This morning, I receive an e-mail from Mail Boxes International telling me that there is a package in from DLP. This isn't the package that DLP e-mailed me about. Having no idea what's in today's package, I don't know if it's worth a 20 minute drive each way plus two border crossings (live in Canada but have stuff sent to the US since I'm close by) to pick it up. I have my tail light sitting on the floor and would love to install the parts of my order that are for the rear lights before putting everything back together.

Lots of places have back-orders and poor communication. Even Motorcycle-superstore.com screws up sometimes. But they are much better at letting you know at the time of purchase that something isn't currently in stock. And their website always seem accurate in advising you of the order status.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ordered a few things from them a few days ago and then I get a call from my bank a day or 2 after the order. My bank blocks it because they say where part of the order is being charged at (Florida???) is a high card freud area. I then use my credit card and call DLP. They tell me they were about to call me to see why the card wouldn't work...hmmm. Like 3 days later??? I still wonder when DLP was going to contact me about all this. Thankfully my bank let me know or I just might still be waiting on my stuff and it never went through the authorization process. Doh!

·
Registered
146 Posts
dlp

yeah I just ordered some engine guards and guess they are on back-order. This is the first time I have had to wait for anythign that I have ordered through them. Other than this one time they have been top notch and fast delivery.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I've had my ups and downs with DLP. Haven't used them in quite a while after my 10" replicator fiasco. You can only take so much then you move on.

·
Radio Active Member
27,688 Posts
I ordered a few things from them a few days ago and then I get a call from my bank a day or 2 after the order. My bank blocks it because they say where part of the order is being charged at (Florida???) is a high card freud area. I then use my credit card and call DLP. They tell me they were about to call me to see why the card wouldn't work...hmmm. Like 3 days later??? I still wonder when DLP was going to contact me about all this. Thankfully my bank let me know or I just might still be waiting on my stuff and it never went through the authorization process. Doh!
They charge your card when things are ready to be shipped. That way if there is a back order for 30 days, they are not sitting on your money.

·
Registered
134 Posts
2 weeks also.

yeah I just ordered some engine guards and guess they are on back-order. This is the first time I have had to wait for anythign that I have ordered through them. Other than this one time they have been top notch and fast delivery.
Ordered engine guards on 5/23 & nothing yet. :mad:

Calling Monday.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts