M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:edit: these guys I tell ya.... I ordered my arm first of May, they said 3-4 weeks.. Ok. I used a 10% off witch put it at 890 shipped. I call today he tells me the swing arms were welded up wrong so they have to have new ones made DL would have them in 1week but then gas to send them for powder coating witch is 2 weeks plus getting them back an packing them up to ship to us.. So I say well I can get it coated can you send me a raw one? Yes but it will be 940? So I pay more for no coating? an no warranty or exchanges... Really?? This is how they treat ppl?:edit: that I'll never order from DLP again.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Would you rather they sent you the swing arm welded wrong?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RIGHT!!! This is not the first swing arm like this they made... Why the mistakes? The ppl making them , Do they not have a jig? Maybe they should find someone else to fab these for them so they don't need to be reworked once the customer gets it... I'm not saying they should have sent them out but but again its not a one off arm what's the deal? this place has not done me any favors for me to order anything else from them. .

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
RIGHT!!! This is not the first swing arm like this they made... Why the mistakes? The ppl making them , Do they not have a jig? Maybe they should find someone else to fab these for them so they don't need to be reworked once the customer gets it... I'm not saying they should have sent them out but but again its not a one off arm what's the deal? this place has not done me any favors for me to order anything else from them. .
:agree: 100%

I assure you the manifold will be there for you on time!:bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol thanks hink. :bigthumbsup: I know I'm a harsh on them but come on McCoy built my pipe an kosman did my wheel going on two weeks faster then this arm. Now I've been looking at this 300 in my shop for weeks now an I want it on yesterday...

·
Registered
388 Posts
For the most part, customer service is dead everywhere. I can't believe they want to charge you more for a raw one.:dontknow:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
For the most part, customer service is dead everywhere. I can't believe they want to charge you more for a raw one.:dontknow:
Surely that was the price without discount, he may have not had my order pulled up when he said 940 an no returns I said I'll wait. For all the things I've read I'll def want the option to return it if something don't line up.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Not where I work, in fact it is just the opposite. When times are tough, you cannot run your customers off.

This is only the behavior for companies who do not care about their customers.

The problem is, is there are so many dumb asses that keep placing orders when the forum majority keeps warning against it. :dontknow:

·
Registered
204 Posts
See, here's my problem with this, and this is coming from a guy who's business involves buying from suppliers, selling to customers. The OP did not buy the swingarm from whoever DLP is getting to make them. He bought the swingarm from DLP. He bought it from them because DLP advertises it as DLP's swingarm. OP should give a flying rat'sass about DLP's problems with their supplier. That is DLP's problem and DLP's problem alone.
I'm sorry, but DLP is making a PROFIT on this swingarm, therefore they have responsibility. I cannot believe the number of times people use the "my supplier failed me"" routine and expect you to just accept it. I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT FROM YOU,to me you and your supplier are one and the same. Period. Whether the supplier screwed up, the chroming guy, the guy packing it to ship.... I DO NOT CARE. They are ALL your responsibility.
If DLP's supplier screws up, that is between DLP and DLP's supplier. Not DLP's customer and DLP's supplier. If I'm DLP, my customers do not even know my suppliers exist. Instead, they choose to say this magnificent swingarm is OUR swingarm....until the supplier screws up. Then its the SUPPLIERS swingarm. No matter how you cut it, its a cop out.
The End.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
See, here's my problem with this, and this is coming from a guy who's business involves buying from suppliers, selling to customers. The OP did not buy the swingarm from whoever DLP is getting to make them. He bought the swingarm from DLP. He bought it from them because DLP advertises it as DLP's swingarm. OP should give a flying rat'sass about DLP's problems with their supplier. That is DLP's problem and DLP's problem alone.
I'm sorry, but DLP is making a PROFIT on this swingarm, therefore they have responsibility. I cannot believe the number of times people use the "my supplier failed me"" routine and expect you to just accept it. I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT FROM YOU,to me you and your supplier are one and the same. Period. Whether the supplier screwed up, the chroming guy, the guy packing it to ship.... I DO NOT CARE. They are ALL your responsibility.
If DLP's supplier screws up, that is between DLP and DLP's supplier. Not DLP's customer and DLP's supplier. If I'm DLP, my customers do not even know my suppliers exist. Instead, they choose to say this magnificent swingarm is OUR swingarm....until the supplier screws up. Then its the SUPPLIERS swingarm. No matter how you cut it, its a cop out.
The End.
:agree::agree::agree:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been reading around on the site an everyone that ask, "were do I get a down under kit"? Someone says DLP but good luck there on backorder.. " were can I get a fuse block? , were is my gel cut seat"? On an on an on! How big is there shop/ warehouse? I'm thinkin it's a phone booth with a with a computer drop shipping from other places..

·
Registered
624 Posts
There was an ozy on this site that bought one of the first dlp swing arms around 12 months ago and he had problems with it not fitting. When he tried to get it resolved he was told that he was fitting it wrong!! how thats possible i'm not sure.
Now when he made a thread trying to warn people that there were problems with the swing arm he got booted from the site, and everyone was told that there was nothing wrong with the jig or the swing arm!!
Well here we are 12 months on and people are still having problems with the swing arm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts